Hotel Wiesler Graz
Ranked #5 of 76 Hotels in Graz
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Stayed in Grand Hotel Wiesler 1 night on my way to Crostia. Had a good meal in the restaurant, which is not fancy but serves good quality.
The room was spacious and noise-free despite being at the front (street) side of the hotel.
However, this is a design hotel. One aspect of this is that they apparently do not believe in curtains. There were only some flimsy Venetian blinds. This meant that I woke up at 6 am with the sun in my face. If you want to avoid this, perhaps a room at the back of the hotel is better, but don't expect that you can make it really dark.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 5 July 2012 via mobile

I was recommend this hotel by a friend and I decided to ignore the rather negative batch of reviews I saw here. I can only say I'm very glad that I did!
The room was exceptional - it was the medium suite for €99 - for which I pretty well got a whole apartment. Everything was clean and tidy, beds comfortable. I think the mattress is a futon type of mattress so maybe a little harder than typical of hotels, but personally I don't mind.
The style of the hotel was great - loved the quirkiness, loved the handwritten stuff, and loved the jokes. Dont understand those below who are whingeing about that - such a relief to find a hotel with personality and not just a corporate clone!
The hotel suits Graz perfectly - an arty and fun city - and only 3 mins walk across the bridge. The hotel is on the river front.
The breakfast is by far the best I've found so far in Austria!
Parking is easy - they have a private garage on the road behind the hotel. You need to get a pass from reception which will allow you to come and go as you please without having to pay extra. I think it was €13 for the day parking.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank MarcGWeber
Reviewed 26 May 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I had very mixed feelings about my stay here. We stayed in the Romantik suite which was spacious and clean. The staff was very accomodating and helpful. And we enjoyed the convenient location. However, there was an unavoidable creak in the floor. It annoyed me and my husband, and I felt bad for any guests that may have been staying in the room below us. At the same time, I was greatful that there were no creaks in the floor above us. Normally, I don't comment on decor, but this is the exception. My first impression of the lobby is that we may have made a huge mistake choosing this hotel. The lobby does not give you the impression of a "Grand" hotel at all. In fact, it is quite off-putting. I thought perhaps we had somehow come in the back entrace. Again, I had the same impression upon entering our room. The first thing I noticed upon steping into the bedroom was the dirty "white" chaise. This gave me the impression that the room may not be clean. Perhaps white is not a good choice of decor for a hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bandptraveler
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Too trendy, too wacky - staff un-attentive bordering on rude. Trendy shower flooded room. No bar to speak of , no comfortable seating areas - cold and trendy - in my personal view focuses on being trendy over and above the customer.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank RgePage
Reviewed 26 March 2012

The location is nice and practical : right on the river Mur and for the city you only have to cross a short bridge. I'd say the hotel was designed for the young and urban : our room was "unfinished" (by purpose), with lots of plywood, with open shower, with hand-written notes - on the other hand there was absolutely no space for storing our clothing (so I was happy we spent only one night there). The receptionist wasn't extremely friendly, but what I found really annoying was the fact that she didn't mention, or even better didn't hand us the card, needed to activate the electricity in our room (so we had to get down again...).
The breakfast was exceptinally rich and fine though !

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lin23
Reviewed 21 March 2012

The location of the hotel is great, central to shops, restaurants and the museum.

Unfortunately my flight to Graz was cancelled the night before and a 2 night stay turned into a single night - the hotel was notified and only charged my colleague for one night but did not extend the same courtesy to me :shrug:

The room itself was quite good, a little worn but mostly comfortable, (I found the bed a touch too hard for my liking), a few of the features listed in the hotel guide book on the table were not featured in my room - the door was my issue! Old style keys might add to the charm (?) but with only one key and two locks, the top lock slightly snibs as you close the door and I literally had to shoulder charge my way into my room everytime I wanted to get back in. Annoying.

Check in staff weren't overly helpful but not rude either, the person manning the desk when I checked out was much friendlier.

Room Tip: Beds were too hard for me, personal preference however