“Excellent Hotel at the Station..Everything Perfect!”

Austria Trend Hotel Europa Graz
Ranked #15 of 75 Hotels in Graz
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We have just had 3 nights at this lovely hotel. The location is right at the main train station, and the town centre and sights of Graz are all walking distance. The hotel is modern and quite elegant, rooms are new, spacious, clean and comfortable, with minifridge, and free internet. The bathroom was large (proper bathroom size with bath and shower...all working very well). The room rate was excellent, and we chose to have the hotel breakfast buffet (located in a large bright breakfast room and well stocked with lots of lovely choices). Staff were cheerful and helpful. We had a great stay in Graz (some terrific sights to see, plus fabulous shopping too - it has the biggest sports stores we have ever seen!), and would recommend the hotel to others. It obviously had a lot of guests on business, but the hotel is perfect for tourists/visitors too.

Room Tip: High floors, and rooms located away from the main street/station are very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 September 2013

My husband and I just left the beautiful city of Graz, Austria. He attended a conference in Graz and I was fortunate to travel with him. We chose this hotel because of the convenience to the OBB rail station and the city center. It was very sufficient for our needs. The rooms were small as are most European hotels but the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was available in the restaurant but was slightly expensive so we ate breakfast at a coffee house next door. Travel to the city center could not have been easier by tram or by foot (about 15 minutes). If you want to stay in the middle of old town, this is not the place for you, but if you want a comfortable room that is a good value with free Internet, stay at the Trend Hotel Europa in Graz.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 29 August 2013

i stayed at the Austria Trend Hotel Europa in Graz for a short one-night stay.
The hotel is located right across the road of the main train station (Graz Hauptbahnhof), and about 20 minute walk from old city center. The price is really attractive as well
The rooms were new and nice, and the staff was really kind and polite.
Breakfast buffet was good and had a variety of options.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Eitanrav
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Hotel is clean, staff is very friendly and helpful. Good breakfast with reasonable food choice. Service is very attentive. Parking is around the corner (after Mille shop - do not confuse! - there are three garages near!) - free - just bring your parking ticket to the reception.
We stayed at suite - spacious, clean but old. Renovation would be a good idea.
Pricing is moderate for Austria - compared to the other 4 star hotels.
Would recommend this hotel as per above said.

Room Tip: Suite was good with sofa which can be converted into third bed (we stayed with 10 y.o. kid).
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandros68
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We were passing through Graz and just needed to stay somewhere for the night. Since we were three, most places were unavailable, but Trend Hotel had rooms available for a reasonable rate. Parking was extra (I think around 12 EUR) in a nearby parking garage. The room was spacious and super clean.

Location is excellent, right opposite the railway station and short-walk to town. The area in the immediate vicinity feels a bit seedy, but that's usually the case in most European towns close to main railway station. It felt super safe though. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Excellent location, opposite to railway station. Good facilities and service. Affordable tarriff. City center is just 5 min by tram. Shopping complex is in the same building. Very good for business as well as leisure tours. Not many facilities for family stays.

Room Tip: Main Road Facing
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I have reserved at this hotel a month before my travel to Europe (coming from Japan). As I understand, as a conformity for any Hotels; an e-mail should be sent back confirming a reservation. (Each of the other Hotels I booked with sent me an e-mail confirmation where in we stayed 11 days for the whole trip.) . 2 days after my reservation, I sent an e-mail to the Hotel's Gen. Manager Bettina Merl asking for an acknowledgement of my reservation; to which again, did not get any reply. Since I haven't received any reply of my inquiries I assumed that I had no booking or whatsoever, so I decided to book at other hotels.
Back in Japan, I was astonished when I saw the hotel charged my credit card for the 2 days I haven't stayed in their hotel. HOW COULD YOU CHARGED A GUEST WITHOUT RENDERING ANY SERVICE OR WITHOUT LITERALLY LIFTING A FINGER not even an e-mail confirmation or any acknowledgement.
Very treacherous hotel...