This year we have selected Graz as our mid-term break city tour location. We have spent 2 nights in this hotel and we were very please with it. The hotel is located opposite to the main railway station, so it has great connection to the old town via public transportation (tram 1,3,6,7). However, as we have discovered the city centre and majority of the sights are only 10-15 minutes walk from the hotel.
The hotel is nice and clean. Staff is very friendly and providing excellent service. Rooms are rightly sized for 2, but as we needed an extra bed it was quite tight. Also the extra bed quality was not so great, as it was an expandable sofa, making cracking noises. Internet was accessible from the room, but I assume we were quite far from the router, as in some areas the signal was quite weak. We were all very satisfied with the breakfast, as they offered a wide choice and food quality was really good. We haven't tested the restaurant, as we preferred to have local food in the city.
If you are travelling by car be aware, that parking is not included in the room price, but you can use the nearby shopping centre parking facility and it is accessible directly from the hotel.
Some tips for those who would like to discover the city with kids:
- Schlossberg (Castle) (use the Schlossberg bahn = funicular, or the lift to go up, down you can take the stairs)
- Armoury at Landeszeug haus (Herrengasse 16)
- Museum im Palaise (Stack Str) (only with kids 10+)
- Edegger- Tax royal bakery (fab for a coffee break)
- Cathedral and Mausoleum (you can climb up to the tower)
- Glockenspiel (at 11am, 3pm, 6pm) (just near to it you can have lunch at Glocklbrau)
- Eggenberg castle (take tram No. 1 towards Eggenberg Schloss, peacocks are walking free in the garden and state rooms are beautiful. Be aware they've left the castle in its original condition, so there is no electricity on the main exhibition area, accordingly plan your visit for the morning, or early afternoon.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Business-oriented 6-story Hotel centrally located across from train station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Austria Trend Hotel Europa Graz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.