“Great Hotel in heart of the city...”
Review of Hotel Gollner

Hotel Gollner
Ranked #22 of 76 Hotels in Graz
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Here is one of the hidden gems of Graz! The staff is exceptional and the location is perfect for walking or taking train. The hotel has been updated, wifi works throughout and breakfast is always a must.

If you are having troubles or need advice for the area, the staff here go the extra mile to make your stay great!

The perfect hotel for this charming city.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tmengel

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed here for one night on January of 2014 on business.
Great charming local hotel, with an excellent lunch and dinner restaurant in the first floor. Hotel is homey and cozy. Room is clean and comfortable. Staff is friendly and rate is surprisingly affordable! When I asked for an iron - they offered to do the ironing for me! For me it s a first - and I have been traveling the world extensively!
The breakfast included in with the room is sufficient but basic. However at the rate I paid - it feels as if breakfast is free anyway.
The one thing that makes it a 4 and not a 5: No elevator. Expect to carry your luggage to the second floor. On the other hand, this is part of the local charm.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We chose this hotel because of the reviews on this site and proximity of the hotel to old town. First the positives: the staff are wonderful. They were gracious and made us feel very welcome. Everything that was within their control was handled with complete hospitality and professionalism. The hotel has the charm of an older facility and is a four to five block walk to old town and the Christmas markets.
The down side: We stayed two nights in room 304. First night was $150 and the second night was $326. This did not include breakfast or parking so add another $110 for the two days. Total bill = $586 or $293/night. For this, the room had two small, single, wood framed beds pushed together with very hard mattresses and a duvet that barely covered the bed. The alcove with an arm chair which extended off the front of the building had no curtains so the street light poured in the room and the curtain on the room's primary window was ill-fitting making it impossible to have anything remotely like a dark room possible. We are in Vienna now staying at the Residence Marriott, just a block from the palace. We are paying $175/night and have free parking, breakfast, and Internet. The bed is a King with a full duvet. The curtains are blackout (we slept like soundly after two lousy night's sleep). I hate being negative and as I said, the potential for a lovely hotel experience in Graz could be possible with some small improvements and added amenities for the high price charged for a 4-star hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank intdavidha
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Booked an economy room, stayed five nights. Did not try breakfast buffet or hotel sauna.

Positive: Excellent location, all staff I met were very friendly and helpful, smooth check-in and check-out, room was spotlessly clean.

Negative: Contrary to contractual agreement, my credit card was pre-charged a full week before arrival. I couldn´t close the curtains to outside light during night time. There were no more cotton swabs after the second day (stayed for five days); I left a polite note asking for a refill and this was ignored; instead, my shampoo was removed (!). The "bath-room" was a glass cage in the bedroom, so if housekeeping were to open the door, I´d stand there for everyone´s enjoyment (I suppose this feature was limited to economy rooms).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Reslusen
Reviewed 2 September 2013

From the booking process to the welcome on arrival, this was probably our best experience through our 5,000 miles drive to Greece and back. Our room, on the third floor, was large and airy, with a very clean bathroom, separate loo, comfortable bed (two singles pushed together, as is often the case in Central Europe) and good Wifi.

The host could not have been more helpful and gave us directions, booked a restaurant for us, served us a great local beer in the bar and was charming at all stages.

Good breakfast (my husband loved the selection of juices), with a good selection of sweet and savoury items.

Graz is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever visited in Europe and we'd love to go back - and if we do, we'll definitely choose the Gollner again.

Room Tip: In our room, there were a few steps between the lobby and the bedroom area so make sure to ask about...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank caratania
Reviewed 9 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for four nights. We booked a standard room which was very large and well furnished, the bathroom was also very large with separate shower and toilet area. My only criticism would be the lack of air conditioning as the room did get quite hot, we were able to cool the room down by opening the bathroom and bedroom windows to create a draft through the bedroom. This was however difficult at night as traffic noise could be heard. The hotel staff were extremely helpful, friendly and polite. Breakfast was also very good with a wide choice of cold meats, cheeses, fruits, cereals and bread. There was also a small selection of hot food, usually egg and bacon. The hotel provided parking at 13 or 11 euros a day which we left our car in most of the time and used the local trams or buses. We were about 10 to 15 minutes stroll to the pedestrian centre with its good selection of restaurants. Overall the Hotel Gollner was a very good hotel which I would certainly visit again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple