“Good food”

Ranked #5 of 715 Restaurants in Graz
Price range: US$21 - US$70
Cuisines: Austrian, International, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We offer first class food with a uncomplicated and professional service. Also vegetarians will find a delicious meal on our menu.
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

As I have eaten at El Pescador a couple of times I thought it would be good to try El Gaucho. Staff very good and outside eating area was good but a little dark for me. Starter very nice, not so keen on the house beer. Main was good but not great, a little too much fat that I couldn’t chew through in the cut, but the meat was very tasty. I would go again to try another cut. But worth trying just watch how much you want to spend.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

A truly remarkable steakhouse. I was honestly amazed by the quality of the food. A real fine dining steak experience.

Location: Near the centre in the old town close to the sights in a historic building.

The place: You can sit inside or outside, both are very atmospheric and pleasant.

Food: High-quality steak, sirloin, tenderloin, even specialties like ostrich. Around a dozen side dishes to choose from. You get appetizers before you order and tiny sweets after you finish. They have gluten free options as well.

Staff: Nice, helpful. A bit overburdened, we had to wait quite long to be able to get the bill and pay, but we weren't in a hurry anyway.

They had free tables, but probably good to reserve one in advance if you can.

Very highly recommended restaurant, will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We were pretty desperate because it was already 22.30 and normally the kitchen closes at this hour , so we expected to eat some low quality food somewhere. But when we found this restaurant that welcomed us at 23.00 in a super elegant atmosphere , super trained waitress, everything seemed so serious , elegant and luxurious. The menu is pretty big ,the meat is exceptional and even the raw fish , what I didn't expected tasted super fresh. This place is a super high quality restaurant ( therefore the expensive price ) , if you want to bring out people in a good restaurant , or you girlfriend or just want to eat good food this place is stunning. You have a lot of choices and I think everyone will find something that he likes , so try it out you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Good selection, great steaks and sides. The tenderloin was super! Very nice atmosphere sitting in the inner courtyard, and the service is great.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Visited El Gaucho on Saturday for the first time since I moved to Graz 2.5 years ago. Friends talked positively about the restaurant. I was not disappointed. This is a great steak place and my friends and I had a wonderful evening. The ambiance is great as we were seated outside due to the nice weather. The food was great, in particular the steak. Wine card was elaborate and a mix of in-expensive wines and really good quality wines. Service level was high as you would expect. No complaints, this restaurant is recommendable in all aspects.