“Regional dishes at good prices, slow waiter”

Krebsenkeller - Restaurant
Ranked #229 of 709 Restaurants in Graz
Cuisines: Austrian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Innere Stadt
Reviewed 31 July 2014

It has a lovely inner patio, with medieval atmosphere like all the city. Very close of the Town hall square.
The dishes were delicious. The owner asked if all was OK. We felt relaxed and rady to continue out tour of Graz.
The only point to improve: we had to ask three times for the bill (and it was around 2 pm, not busy at all) to the waitress.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I had my first meal in Krebsenkeller from lonely planet guide, and thoroughly enjoyed the meal in the inner courtyard. Had the meal on the longer benches to oversee those in the nicely decorated garden. The waiter and waitress were very friendly and attentive to us. Although food serving time is a little slow, the quality of food was superb and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

1  Thank Dzr1208
Reviewed 22 June 2014

On a quiet first evening with only 8 of us, the service was friendly and efficient. Another night with 20 of us and the experience was very different. The waitress misheard two of the same dishes instead of one...she was very accusatory that one of us MUST have ordered it, when it clearly was not the case. Even so, the customer is always right should be standard, but I have noticed that this is not often the case in Graz restaurant. She threw the (unordered) plate onto a shelf in a tantrum fashion, something which, had I been by myself, would have triggered an equally swift departure from such unacceptable behaviour.
This spoiled the fun a bit. Otherwise, the food was good and service fast enough, but I have tasted similar dishes with greater fineness elsewhere in Graz. The fact that we were a large table, but the only one bar a couple of diners outside in such a large restaurant tells me that this is not necessarily the locals' first choice.

2  Thank FredT780
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great Styrian food. I had schnitzel with potato salad. Love the Kernol they use in the salads. Good service and a nice atmosphere.

1  Thank xLeeix
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Good service, the place is removed and very nice, I expected a lobster restaurant, which is not,it's a normal styrische restaurant but very good, prices are quite the same as others around, it's recommendable.

1  Thank Bruno C