“We just love it...”

Neighbourhood: Innere Stadt
Austria
“We just love it...”
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Yesterday we were again at this restaurant. And we'll come back... So far we've never been disappointed. The food is great, lots of different dishes as well for vegetarians as for 'meat eaters'. The owners are very friendly and usually attentive! The wine of the wine list is excellent. During lunch time they got some lunch deals. They charge 1,90 Euro cover. When you get the bill you also get a glass of very nice Mango Schnaps.
I like the old wodden ceilings and you feel very comfortable there. ok, the pictures on the walls are a bit dated, but who's going there for an exposition ;o)
Try to reserve, as it is always full.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank ausseertraveller

• Korean first
Northumberland
“Stuck in a time warp”
Reviewed 26 June 2011

First the positives. The owner and his wife and I'm guessing their daughter run this place in a very efficient way and they are very pleasant, welcoming and attentive. The food is good and tasty, the portions more than adequate. However, the decor is very kitsch and dated and so are the recipes. This is the sort of cooking that you found in British curry houses 30 years ago, chunks of meat floating in a lake of sauce. Nowadays, the emphasis is much more upon lighter sauces, fresh herbs etc. Included in our meal was a chicken Vindaloo that we expected to be spicy hot and was not, and a maincourse Dhal that was incendiary. 2 chappaties, the 1st dry, aged, and unloved, the 2nd delicious, piping hot, straight from the pan. Onion bhajis were fine, fresh, crispy as were the tasty meat samosas. Don't get me wrong, the food is fine and if you have a nostalgia for curry houses of the 70's and 80's, this is the place for you.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank cornista
Muscat Governorate, Oman
“Best Indian Cuisine in Graz”
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I saw the reviews in TripAdvisor which recommends this restaurant. It is really a very nice restaurant. The owner was really honest with us. The food was really tasty.
We ordered vegetable biryani and indina special dhal called dhal tadka. It was really delicious. The seating area was really nice. although its a very small place but it makes you are feeling you are in Europe. I totally recommend this restaurant who likes Indian cuisine.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank Habib_10
New York City, New York
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Read old reviews about showing up without reservations. They were very lovely and we spent a short time but the food and service was awesome. I would return again if I come back. They also serve take out so it's a good idea to order and take to your hotel if your heart is set on eating great Indian food.

• Visited January 2011
2 Thank Kirtie13
Graz, Austria
“The best Indian food I've ever tasted”
Reviewed 21 January 2011

I've tried Indian in New York. Indian in Boston. Indian in Zagreb. Indian in Miami. And I was totally surprised to find Taj Mahal in Graz to be the best Indian restaurant I've ever visited. Sure, the decor is a little hokey. But the food makes up for it tenfold! We love the Chapati/Roti that they have waiting on the table for you. It's spicy but delicious! The Butter Chicken is the most amazing Indian dish I have ever had. I literally had goosebumps while eating it! Their Naan is the only thing that leaves me a little unfulfilled. Maybe I've just been lucky enough to have great Naan at other restaurants but the Naan here is pretty average. The service is great-- they even bring you a mango-flavored liqueur after dinner to help aid the digestion process. Just a heads up-- RESERVATIONS ARE NECESSARY. We've seen people get turned away without having them and I get the feeling that they fill up every night. Don't be disappointed, book ahead!

Meredith Cashman Ouellette