Hotel ATRIGON(Klagenfurt)
US$114
US$110
Hotel Plattenwirt(Klagenfurt)
Hotel Rosch(Klagenfurt)
AllYouNeed Hotel Klagenfurt(Klagenfurt)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsexcellent hotelfront desk staffcentral locationhome mademost european hotelsparking garageair conditionedthe hotel offersrecommend this hotelvery clean hoteltown squarebreakfast stafftourist infoold buildingrooms are largewould stay here againshopping mall
Reviewed 29 March 2018

We stayed for a second time at the Sandwirth, having previously been in 2013, and enjoyed our week very much indeed. Our first-floor room on the side of the hotel was spacious and clean, well-serviced, quiet and comfortable. As last time, we enjoyed the extensive buffet breakfasts (our deal had breakfasts included) and we also had one dinner in the restaurant and drinks and cakes in the cafe bar on a couple of other evenings when we could not manage a full meal.
The central location of the Sandwirth makes it ideal for anyone visiting Klagenfurt: nowhere is too far away and buses and the train station are also only a short walk from the hotel.
We were delighted by the hotel staff: without exception, they were friendly, helpful and accommodating and many were able to converse easily with us in English (sadly our German is very limited). A special mention for receptionist Sarah Nagele, who was particularly helpful to us all week, but our praise for the hotel staff is for everyone.
Visitors should be aware that the hotel is well used by gatherings of business people, as well as Rotary, Lions, etc. but we did not find this affected our stay at all.
We would certainly recommend the Sandwirth and hope we may return ourselves again one day.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
DirektionSandwirth, Front Office Manager at Hotel Sandwirth, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear "PhiltheRover",

thank you so much for your great review!
We are pleased and thankful to hear that you enjoyed your stay again!
Reading your words makes us proud and motivates the whole staff!

It would be wonderful to welcome you again the next time you're here in Austria and in Klagenfurt!

Kindest regards and happy easter

R. Herkommer

Reviewed 25 February 2018

The hotel is certainly in as central location near the town square and shopping district. The breakfast is also quite good and has a lot of options.

On this particular visit, the hotel appeared to be undergoing a renovation. I am guessing I had one of the older rooms. It was fine and comfortable. I would not say it was plush.

I had dinner at the hotel one night which was fine.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed several times in this hotel in 2017 .
My last visit was in first week of December (7/12) .
The staff in this hotel are very helpful and friendly , they always do their best to help and make me feel welcomed .
The location is in the center . You can literally go anywhere walking .
The rooms are fairly nice and the breakfast quality and variety are good as well .
My only room to develop would be the gym . Very limited in tools and weights .
I rexxomend this for short business stays .

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 December 2017

My friend and I traveled to Hotel Sandwirth, in Klagenfurt from Munich, Germany. We were here for four nights. We came to see the Krampusnaucht which we unfortunately missed, but were able to see one in St. Viet a small town north of the city. The Front Desk staff helped us make our way to the Tourist Info Center to help us find what we were looking for. Our hotel was beautiful and the staff was accommodating. We were located within walking distance to everything.

There is only a stand up shower and the bathroom is small, however just my friend and I, it was fine for us. We were close to the breakfast area which was nice, but because it was an older hotel, we could hear noise from other guests and the kitchen. So many options to choose from for the breakfast....so delicious! I wish they had coffee out so we could help ourselves as sometimes we had to ask the staff to get us coffee, even after they had served other guests drinks that came in after us.

There was a slight miscommunication one day on having our room cleaned...we had specifically asked the Front Desk Staff to make sure it was cleaned as we headed out for the day and when we came back late afternoon it had still not been done (which was ok). All in all I was very happy with the hotel and I found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: I would take a room away from the breakfast area...high traffic.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

This centrally located hotel, couple years ago was pleasure to stay in. Those days it looks like 2-3 star hotel. Everything in hotel, rooms, services, etc. went down except price. They are far away from value for money!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business