“Excellent experience in Villach”

Holiday Inn Villach
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Villach
Milngavie, United Kingdom
“Excellent experience in Villach”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

What a contrast to the Holiday Inn in Salzburg. From the moment we entered we felt welcomed - and greatly relieved. Viktoria the receptionist was more than just professional. Throughout our short stay she was friendly, helpful and pleasant; an asset to the hotel. The hotel was in beautiful condition - like new. It was a short and pleasant walk from the station and, just across the nearbye bridge to the old town (an attractive place). Breakfast was excellent if slightly expensive. Our room was attractive with a superb view across the river. It was in great condition and we liked the modern decor.
All in all this was a very pleasant experience - top of the Holiday Inn pile! Good value for money.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the river was very attractive.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DDonSco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Slovak first
Palos Verdes Estates, California
Reviewed 15 April 2013

This hotel may well be the nicest Holiday Inn I've ever stayed in. My room was nicely furnished and stylish, the bed was very comfortable and I slept like a baby every night with no noise from my neighbors or the hallway. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the breakfast buffet was excellent and the dining area had a beautiful view of river. The location is just steps from the pedestrian area in the heart of Villach. I am looking forward to my next stay here!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BayDad
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Stylish hotel and rooms, great breakfast, very clean, very friendly staff, fair prices for a hotel of that category.... simply 5*

They also have a fitness area and spa, but I have never used it. Location is good, only a 5 minutes walk from the city center away. Some rooms have a river-view - especially on a snowy night very recommended!

Room Tip: Room with river-view recommended!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
leeds
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Oh No ! Another Holiday Inn, I've stayed in over 100 different ones. BUT,
This one is the best value for money HI by far.. From the efficient and friendly check in. Quality of food. Choice of wine. Ambiance of the restaurant and bars. Location-riverside setting.Fresh breakfast with someone to cook you eggs as you like. More like a boutique hotel. A refreshing change from the vast majority of Holiday Inns. Value for money 110 Euro's inc breakfast. Superb. Stayed 9 April 13.

Room Tip: Ask for riverview
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 March 2013

During an international work assignment, I lived in the Holiday Inn, Villach for over a month. This hotel exceeded my expectations with its clean and comfortable rooms, friendly service, delicious breakfast, and hospitality. The hotel is perfectly located in the heart of Villach and my room overlooked the river and quaint Villach town. It was stunning to look outside and see rivers, interesting architecture and a mountain range in the background.

Given my extended stay in the hotel, I was fortunate enough to experience how wonderful the staff is. They did everything: hire a cab for me every morning, handled my laundry, and gave me recommendations around town. They were very pleasant and helpful at all times. I arrived in a cab from Slovenia in the middle of the night. Once I was checked in, I realized I left my work computer in the cab heading back to Slovenia. Due to my jet lag, lack of sleep, and inability to speak German, I was in a full panic. The front desk gentleman calmed me down and miraculously tracked down my cab… I seriously have no idea how he did it (given the cab was from a different country). He refused to accept my tip to thank him for his help. I am forever grateful!

The breakfast at the hotel was something I looked forward to everyday. It was amazing and one of the best breakfast places I have experienced… and it was in a hotel!

The gym had a great variety of clean and new equipment to use. I used the gym facilities everyday and thought it was one of the best hotel gyms I have ever used.

The rooms are clean and modern and comfortable. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Villach. It was a wonderful experience and the hotel and staff made my long work trip much more enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MsTravelSF
Venice, Italy
Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

Located in the hart of Villach, hotel is modern, refined and comfortable, perfect for a relaxing weekend. Everything is a one minute distance! Spa is clean and very smooth, there are gym and massage too. At the bar you have a large choise of wines and drinks, and you can taste them sitting right in front of the Drava river. Restaurant is pretty good and not that expensive, although city offers several good options.
Wish you a great week end!

• Stayed February 2013
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We stayed there for a week, and everything was fine - hotel is fresh, bright coloured, clean and very pleasant. The lady at check in, Beatrix, was very efficient, we were greeted in a professional manner, and she even tried upselling :) When she found out we came for skiing, she mentioned the hotel's discount for ski pass, which was very to the point, and we used the opportunity. We only did not try out the hotel's restaurant so, cannot say anything about it.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple