“Amazing experience in Obertauern”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Schneider

and 1 more site!
Hotel Schneider
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Obertauern
Klagenfurt, Austria
“Amazing experience in Obertauern”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My wife, my young son, and I spent a week in Obertauern at the Hotel Schneider. We have stayed in many hotels in Europe and the United States and the Hotel Schneider ranks among the best. In fact it may be my best experience in any hotel!

First, the hotel is frankly beautiful. It is excellently maintained. We loved our junior suite. A major plus was the pool rooom which contained a swimming pool and whirlpool.

The meals were great. The dining room was relaxing and the food was incredible. On one night we were treated to a dessert spread that was over-the-top!

Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Oh, I forgot this is a ski resort. The hotel is right next to a ski lift. You can literally ski down to the hotel. Definately, ski-in and ski-out.

I cannot list all the good things about this hotel. There are too many. For me the things that sometimes matter the most are the small touches. A smile, kindness, etc. The Schneider Family has done an excellent job of delivering on both the big and small things.

I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Family Wheeler

Room Tip: Make sure that you get a room that meets your needs. We were a family of three (two adults and a yo...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This was our 3rd trip to Obertauern and our 2nd stay at Hotel Schneider. We stay in the apartments adjacent to the Hotel and have access to all the facilities at the hotel. It is clear that the owners have a hands-on approach and in the process ensuring that every need of every guest is catered for. The location of the hotel is excellent and in close proximity of the ski-lifts.
PS: The breakfast is excellent!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

I went to Hotel Schneider on holiday for a couple of days last winter. I had a wonderful stay that exceeded my expectations. I was there again this year from January 17th-22nd, and the Schneider Hotel still has it's lovely atmosphere that couldn't make me feel more welcome. The style is like a cosy, romantic farmer's lodge. The staff is friendly and service-minded. And the Schneider family, who runs the hotel, shows such kind hospitality, and greets the guests every day.

My friend and I stayed in the hotel apartment with everything you need for cooking on your own. But there was no need for cooking, because the hotel kitchen made such good food. The meat and milk products are 90% delivered from the family's own farm in Ratstadt. The breakfast buffet had many good things to choose from. And the dinner menu had from every corner of the Austrian kitchen. Very delicious!

When you're exhausted from a whole day of skiing in the breathtaking beautiful area, you could relax and give your body and soul a nice treatment in the wellness area. Also styled to perfection without compromising style with effectivity. Aaaah!

No wonder they have guests who have come there for more than 20 years! I would warmly recommend this hotel to my friends and family looking for an excellent hotel and a good stay in Obertauern!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fivsirpiv
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This was my second trip to Hotel Schneider in Obertauern, and this time the trip was even more amazing! The breakfast buffet is over-the-top with food for each kind of taste. The service of both the hotel owners, receptionists, and waiters is excellent, and you always feel welcome when entering the doors of the hotel. The spa area is perfect for you after a long day outside in the snow, and you have the possibility to go to the jacuzzi, swimming pool or relax in the sauna or steam bath.

Besides the fantastic location of the hotel, the nature of Obertauern is among one of the most beautiful in Austria. I used my vacation on skiing, snow hiking in the mountains and long walks, and these activities are highly recommendable in amazing Obertauern.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sandra B
Morecambe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We had a lovely week staying at the Schneider. The staff were very attentive and approachable, nothing was too much to ask. The hotel felt very welcoming and was easy to relax in. We were amazed at the standard of the food night after night, and the choice of from the buffet breakfast was excellent. Our room was great, with an excellent shower. The housekeeping staff kept the room clean and tidy but were never intrusive. The ability to ski-in/out was wonderful and the wellness area was delightful - so relaxing that we we're always a little late to dinner! I wouldn't hesitate in recommending the hotel. Being able to hire ski's etc with a discount and having them dropped off and collected was a real plus. Also the lockers for ski's and boots were great - warm boots first thing! We are looking at the possibility of visiting again before Easter.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Just returned from a weekend break at the Schneider Hotel. Flew to Salzburg on Thursday, hired a car and the transfer took around 80 minutes door to door. Couldn't be easier.

I've stayed in Obertauern before and I like the way you can ski a circuit around the valley. The skiing is great for beginners and intermediates. Good mountain bars and restaurants.

The Schneider has a perfect location, ski in and out and in the middle of the action. It's got nice, spacious rooms, comfortable beds and our room had a great shower, balcony etc.

The restaurant has a good choice of menu and the food is very good. Both restaurant and bar staff are very friendly, professional and helpful.

The wellness centre is spacious and peaceful.

I like the way the Intersport ski rental shop delivers your skis to and from the hotel.

My criticisms are that I found the owner rather aloof, especially when I told him that a boot bag had gone missing from our locker.

All he said was that I should look in everyone else's lockers for it, rather than doing anything about it for us himself. Frankly I don't like nosing around in other people's space, but couldn't find it so had to buy a new one. He never asked if I had found it etc, and in the morning when we left he ignored us, which I found very surprising; however his staff are very courteous.

The other minor criticism is that it would be good to have another english language TV channel other than CNN.

Would definitely stay in the Schneider again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Glen S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Rare to find a family run hotel with such a seemingly effortless efficiency. Right next door to ski lifts, they'll help get instructors, there's pool, playroom, cinema etc, etc, etc.
Food is outstanding and the staff are great. The owner is usually around and extremely helpful.
The spa facilities are excellent if you can get over the compulsory nakedness (you are allowed a towel) in the saunas.........we couldn't.

Room Tip: Possibly chose a room facing the mountain as there is often a marquee with a party at the front of t...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family