“Another excellent holiday at Hotel Schneider”
Review of Hotel Schneider

Hotel Schneider
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Obertauern
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Our second visit to Hotel Schneider and like last time we were not disappointed. The service and food second to none. Fabulous skiing, we could ski right to our ski room and right out again. Such friendly staff, nothing too much trouble. Beautiful pool and spa. We were in the self catering apartments but couldn't resist still going half board. Great size, clean, functional, comfortable rooms. Hotel organised ski lessons, transfers etc for us - all great service. We are saving up for next year.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Susie W

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Spent very nice weekend in Schneider hotel, great location next to the slope and main skilift, few steps from the centre of the town. Beautiful rooms and great service, kind people at the reception and nice staff. "Krampus party" for St Nicolas was geat and entertaining.
You must reserve in advance, not last minute because hotel is very occupied.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaskaGrospic
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My wife, my young son, and I spent a week in Obertauern at the Hotel Schneider. We have stayed in many hotels in Europe and the United States and the Hotel Schneider ranks among the best. In fact it may be my best experience in any hotel!

First, the hotel is frankly beautiful. It is excellently maintained. We loved our junior suite. A major plus was the pool rooom which contained a swimming pool and whirlpool.

The meals were great. The dining room was relaxing and the food was incredible. On one night we were treated to a dessert spread that was over-the-top!

Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Oh, I forgot this is a ski resort. The hotel is right next to a ski lift. You can literally ski down to the hotel. Definately, ski-in and ski-out.

I cannot list all the good things about this hotel. There are too many. For me the things that sometimes matter the most are the small touches. A smile, kindness, etc. The Schneider Family has done an excellent job of delivering on both the big and small things.

I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Family Wheeler

Room Tip: Make sure that you get a room that meets your needs. We were a family of three (two adults and a yo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This was our 3rd trip to Obertauern and our 2nd stay at Hotel Schneider. We stay in the apartments adjacent to the Hotel and have access to all the facilities at the hotel. It is clear that the owners have a hands-on approach and in the process ensuring that every need of every guest is catered for. The location of the hotel is excellent and in close proximity of the ski-lifts.
PS: The breakfast is excellent!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

I went to Hotel Schneider on holiday for a couple of days last winter. I had a wonderful stay that exceeded my expectations. I was there again this year from January 17th-22nd, and the Schneider Hotel still has it's lovely atmosphere that couldn't make me feel more welcome. The style is like a cosy, romantic farmer's lodge. The staff is friendly and service-minded. And the Schneider family, who runs the hotel, shows such kind hospitality, and greets the guests every day.

My friend and I stayed in the hotel apartment with everything you need for cooking on your own. But there was no need for cooking, because the hotel kitchen made such good food. The meat and milk products are 90% delivered from the family's own farm in Ratstadt. The breakfast buffet had many good things to choose from. And the dinner menu had from every corner of the Austrian kitchen. Very delicious!

When you're exhausted from a whole day of skiing in the breathtaking beautiful area, you could relax and give your body and soul a nice treatment in the wellness area. Also styled to perfection without compromising style with effectivity. Aaaah!

No wonder they have guests who have come there for more than 20 years! I would warmly recommend this hotel to my friends and family looking for an excellent hotel and a good stay in Obertauern!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fivsirpiv
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This was my second trip to Hotel Schneider in Obertauern, and this time the trip was even more amazing! The breakfast buffet is over-the-top with food for each kind of taste. The service of both the hotel owners, receptionists, and waiters is excellent, and you always feel welcome when entering the doors of the hotel. The spa area is perfect for you after a long day outside in the snow, and you have the possibility to go to the jacuzzi, swimming pool or relax in the sauna or steam bath.

Besides the fantastic location of the hotel, the nature of Obertauern is among one of the most beautiful in Austria. I used my vacation on skiing, snow hiking in the mountains and long walks, and these activities are highly recommendable in amazing Obertauern.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandra B
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We had a lovely week staying at the Schneider. The staff were very attentive and approachable, nothing was too much to ask. The hotel felt very welcoming and was easy to relax in. We were amazed at the standard of the food night after night, and the choice of from the buffet breakfast was excellent. Our room was great, with an excellent shower. The housekeeping staff kept the room clean and tidy but were never intrusive. The ability to ski-in/out was wonderful and the wellness area was delightful - so relaxing that we we're always a little late to dinner! I wouldn't hesitate in recommending the hotel. Being able to hire ski's etc with a discount and having them dropped off and collected was a real plus. Also the lockers for ski's and boots were great - warm boots first thing! We are looking at the possibility of visiting again before Easter.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple