“A missed morning call ruined the day”

Austria Trend Hotel Salzburg Mitte
Ranked #70 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I stayed here for 1 night from 30-31 March with the tour I joined. The hotel looks a bit old to me and I didn't like how there are multiple intersections on the hallways to get to our rooms (feel a bit unsafe) but the room was big enough for our luggages and everything works fine. Internet not available in the room but it is so in the breakfast area and the hotel lobby.

There was the daylight saving time conversion that night and we were supposed to get a morning call at 6:30am but their system had a problem during the conversion. We got up because we had our own alarm set but not so for other tour-mates so our departure time, the itinerary for the rest of the day and our time in Vienna got delayed/shortened. Well...I know nothing is perfect but certainly there can be improvements to this hotel as suggested by other TAs.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Austria Trend Hotel Salzburg Mitte

Reviewed 10 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a night and it was a good and cheaper alternative to the other accommodations in the city centre! Just a 5 minutes drive from the centre, the hotel is clean and with great design interior. Rooms are nice and the bed was very comfortable.
The Wifi was not available in the room, and it was the minus point. Free outdoor parking

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I was very satisfied with this hotel. Recently, I stayed in similar hotels of other hotel chains and they were all either too small or mean. This one was by far the best.

Room: Spacious. Usually, similar hotels pack you into 3x3 meters and you can hardly move. The room in Austria Trend Hotel Salzburg Mitte was spacious and full of light. Furniture was new and everything was super clean. What I missed was a water boiler with some tea and a fridge.

Bathroom: Spacious, clean, comfortable. Super. What I missed was a towel heater.

Breakfast: Nice selection of hams, cheese, goodies - everything you need. I didn’t like the coffee, it was tasteless.

Service: Helpful, professional, friendly. I am surprised by previous negative comments, they probably improved.

Location: Good if you have a car, there is free parking and the city centre is reachable by bus easily.

Internet Access: Free in the lobby and breakfast room. It would be super if it was free in the rooms also, this is now standard in many countries (but compared to Mercure and Ibis which don’t even have it in the lobby and overcharge people, at least there was some).

I will recommend this hotel to my friends and next time I will be in Salzburg, I will probably choose it again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank richard421
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Good Building...neat rooms...but the staff manning the reception...never had a smile on them...very "cold" attitude. Breakfast was good....a bit far from the centre. The rooms were big and spacious, neat toilets as well.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank renthomas
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I don’t think all the earlier bad reviews did any justice to this hotel. Trafalgar tour which I was with for this Europe trip, picked this hotel and so, having read with apprehension all reviews, I went into the hotel having a very low expectation. However, to my surprise, the room is very clean and so is the bedding. Bathroom is also very modern with a shower cubicle. The only complaint is that the shower cubicle door has a big gap at the bottom resulting in a very wet floor after every shower.
The free wifi available in the lobby is very much welcome and very helpful. Breakfast is good with great choices.
I will not hesitate to recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hl56beh
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We were happy to stay in this hotel even it was not very cheap. We paid for over 100 Euros for two without breakfast. Hotel was very modern and clean only is not very close to the centre of Salzburg, but they have free parking or there was also bus stop.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Spent only one night there. However, I would spend more! The room was very clean. Flat screened Tv on the wall. Stylish window handles - everything was elegant. Modern bathroom of decent size. Absolutely perfect bed - I finally was able to relax after long hours on coach. Buffet breakfast was served on time and the variety was impressive. It is not in the very centre but Salzburg is not so big, and we had a coach so it was of no importance to us. I really recommend this hotel. It is a good value for money!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family