“My go-to brewery in Austria” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Private Half Day Salzburg City Tour including Visit to the Stiegl Brewery
Ranked #14 of 161 things to do in Salzburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience one of the most exciting sights of Salzburg. Explore our unique 270° brew-cinema and sense the fascinating world of beer. Afterwards, you can enjoy a freshly tapped beer in one of our restaurants, and order from a well-matched menu for each one of our brew-specialties. Discover our world of enjoyment with all of your senses!Stiegl-Brauwelt – a place to enjoy and feel comfortable!
London, United Kingdom
“My go-to brewery in Austria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Fantastic selection of beers and a great menu. I always try and go here when I'm in Salzburg. The museum is worth a visit and the shop sells a nice range of branded Stiegl goods if you're so inclined.

I was travelling with a friend who is a gluten free vegetarian, which is a real challenge in Austria. The staff created a dish for her which suited her dietary requirements and was by all accounts very tasty too.

On the beer front, they have a wide selection, as one would expect, including a Weissbier which I hadn't had before. A+!

Lovely courtyard for sunny days and plenty of indoor space if it get's a little wet or cold.

Can highly recommend.

Visited June 2014
Stiegl-Brauwelt, Stiegl-Brauwelt Team at Stiegl-Brauwelt, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Hi Nick!

Thank you for that great feedback and taking the time to evaluate the Stiegl-Brauwelt!
We are glad that you've enjoyed our whole beer experience and the stay in our beergarden.

We hope you will visit us again.

• Czech first
  • Turkish first
Southern California
99 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 163 helpful votes
“If you're into beer, go, even not still go”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Skip the guided tour and go the self guided route. This will still take a minimum of one hour and could go over two, it is that extensive, interesting and informative. I had to drag my wife there, but she was happy she went. €11 cost of the tour but you get three beers afterwards. The beer garden is also a shady outdoor restaurant. We took the #1 bus (best to buy a day pass) from town.

Visited May 2014
Stiegl-Brauwelt, Stiegl-Brauwelt Team at Stiegl-Brauwelt, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for your good evaluation.
We are glad that you and your wife enjoyed the stay at our beer experience!
Why did you skip the guided tour?

We would be happy to welcome you again.
Montana Rose
420 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 406 helpful votes
“Local brewery - good rainy day activity”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Since it was raining, I thought a brew tour would be a good activity. Since, I'm not really a beer drinker, I thought I'd learn a little more about it. I still don't know anymore than I did (as the tour is in German with only 'tidbits' in English). No worries though, it was a free visit with the Salzburg card. Just skip the tour and walk thru the 'museum' yourself. Go try your 3 free small beers and get a bite to eat. Food was good, beer was good, free beer opener, so all in all, still happy.

Visited May 2014
Stiegl-Brauwelt, Stiegl-Brauwelt Team at Stiegl-Brauwelt, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Rose,

thank you for your feedback!
Did you do the biligunal guided tour at 2 p.m.?
We are always trying to improve our beer experience, therefore feedback like yours is always helpful for us.

We hope you will visit us again.
Ramat Gan, Israel
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Must visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

It is a must visit under the next condition - you buy the city tour card.
If you buy the card, the visit is for free, otherwise its 10 Euro and in this case its less worth wile.

You get the full tour in the brewery, 3 beer tastings (3*0.2L) and a gift from the gift shop (just take another beer).

Visited April 2014
Stiegl-Brauwelt, Stiegl-Brauwelt Team at Stiegl-Brauwelt, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Igor,

thank you for uploading this nice pictures and for taking the time to evaluate the Stiegl-Brauwelt!
If our guests don't have the Salzburg Card the entry is EUR 11,00 for adults (incl. beer tasting & gift from our shop),

We would be glad to welcome you again.
Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Amazing beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Came here for a brewery tour and tasting. It was great! I was happy to get to try a few different types of Stiegl beers and have a bite to eat. I only wish that the weather had been nicer so we could have enjoyed the patio.
The museum is a great place to walk around. I would recommend this place to all beer lovers.

Visited April 2014
Stiegl-Brauwelt, Stiegl-Brauwelt Team at Stiegl-Brauwelt, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for your great feedback and evaluation!
Did you have the Salzburg Card? Because with Salzburg Card the entry and beer tasting at our beer experience is free :-)

We would be happy to welcome you again in our beer garden!