“Snooze Hotel”

Ranked #70 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
st.paul,mn
“Snooze Hotel”
Reviewed 9 August 2009

I stayed in the Snooze Hotel from May 19-22, 2009. I had no trouble at all finding it after arriving at the train station and taking bus #1 which stops right in front of the hotel and the #2 bus to the airport is about a 3-5min. walk down the street.
I was given room #11 which was very basic and very small but was very clean. The only thing I noticed "dirty" was a section of the wall by the bed which is most likely caused by guest's luggage hitting the wall and leaving a mark on the white paint.
My sheets were not washed while I was there (that I noticed) but the bed was always made up by the time I came back.
The only real problem I had with the room was the lack of a proper shower door to block the water from running out but that was only minor.
I did not try the breakfast so I cannot comment on that.
I would definitly reccomend the Snooze to friends traveling to Salzburg and would probably return to it with no hesitation in the future.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank peterodl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
CA
Reviewed 2 August 2009

Our room was tiny but spotlessly clean. Really spotless.
The shower stall was disappointing, as there was no division between the shower floor and the dressing area so we had to be very careful not to flood that area.
I couldn't recommend the breakfast for eight euros, except for the great apricot jam.
We stayed here overnight, so I don't know about the other facilities.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gnbob
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 1 August 2009

This small hotel, located just outside of the Salzburg center was very nearly perfect. The staff were all very helpful and went out of their way to assist when questions arose. Breakfast was not included but could be purchased for 9 euro. We found the bakery across the street to be more than sufficient and as well the outdoor market was great for a quick bite.

The hotel appears to be in more of a neighborhood area of town and was not overrun with tourists seeking Mozart balls. We found a great dive restaurant around the corner called the Hot & Spicy which served pizza and Indian food – both were great and reasonably priced, especially when compared with many of the other restaurants in Salzburg. You have to check it out. The service was great and we enjoyed watching the interactions of the locals with the staff.

The room itself was perfect – spacious enough and quiet – overlooking the backside of the hotel (all of them do). It was trimmed in red-toned veneer but the rooms are all trimmed in different colors, a nice touch I think. There was plenty of storage in the room and the bathrooms were nicely appointed and divided. The internet in the room was free and fast – only problem was if you require VPN access – this did not function as I do not believe the reuter was set-up to allow for it.

With easy transit options to the touristy parts of Salzburg and inexpensive lodging costs – this was a perfect hotel to recommend to leisure travelers.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CharityK13
Peoria, IL
Reviewed 25 May 2009

We booked 3 rooms online for the hotel for two nights. We all speak only English and also had an infant in our party. Each room is very modern and unique to the other rooms. The baby was crying in the room next to ours & we did not hear a thing. They conveniently put us very near to each other. The family was very nice and gave excellent guidance for local attractions. My only complaint – the light in the bathroom shines into the sleeping area.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Salzburg hotels

New York City
Reviewed 6 April 2009

This was the perfect place to stay during my first trip to Austria. The staff is great, the morning breakfast offered was incredible. I've never seen so many great homemade baked items in my life ;) The rooms are very cozy, innovative and cool. I've never stayed in a place quite like it.

Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
Kahalu'u, Oahu
Reviewed 2 April 2009

My dad found this hotel online. It was brand new when we stayed there, it even had that new wood smell to it, and I have to admit the hotel and rooms were a little different. Not different in a bad way, just unusual. The best part of the hotel is the family that runs it, they are the nicest people. They really go out of their way to make sure your stay in Salzburg is excellent, they have many suggestions as to where you can go for eating and sightseeing. The Snooze Hotel also provides breakfast, everyday we were there the breakfast had something different to offer, just make sure you tell them the day before if you will be enjoying their breakfast so they can have enough prepared.

• Stayed July 2008