“The trip to eagles Nest up the alps is wonderful!”
Review of Panorama Tours

Hallstatt Tour from Salzburg
Ranked #4 of 47 Tours in Salzburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Start your journey traveling through the famous UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Region Salzkammergut (Lake Area) passing by many picturesque villages en route until you arrive at Hallstatt the ‘Pearl of the Salzkammergut’. Well-known for its breath-taking beauty, Hallstatt is considered by many visitors as one of the most beautiful lakeside villages in the World. Spending about 2,5 hours there.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We only spent 2 days in Salzburg but it is a beautiful city. Lots of sites for the Sound of Music and we did the panorama tour that went up to Hitler's Eagles Nest. It was breathtaking and one of the most beautiful spots I have seen in the world. Our guide was very well informed and entertaining. On the down side, we had a very rude and smart aleck clerk at the train station who obviously did not care for the Europass and Americans . I had to walk away from him and have my son interact with him. It was a shame to have such an awful memory of such a beautiful city.

1  Thank wrldtraveler_10
in 9 reviews
"st gilgen"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 10 July 2011

We went on the 'Sound of Music' and 'Salt Mines' tour with this company. Both were excellent. Good guides and lots of information given. The 'Sound of Music' one was more fun but then we are avid fans of the movie. We were picked up on time from our accommodation. The scenery was gorgeous. Definitely recommend this company.

Reviewed 10 June 2011

This tour company is terrible - I did two tours with them (I can't post links to my reviews of those tours because they're not yet published - please click on my profile to see them), both departed late, the salt mines tour was terrible all-round and the sound of music tour was only saved by a great guide. Also, they changed the order of my tours, meaning I would have been waiting around for ages in the morning if I hadn't checked the start time when I called to re-confirm, and that I had no lunch break!
Aside: Viator, like most booking agencies, does not tell you who operates activities until after booking, they just assure you that they pick the best ones - I love Viator, they're a revolution in independent travel and 90% of my experiences with them have been great, but they really screwed up on this occasion, sending me on Panorama tours!

2  Thank empress_cherry
Reviewed 22 May 2011

We (my wife and I and two friends) were in Salzburg recently and decided to take a guided tour. We signed up for the combined city tour and boat tour offered by Panorama Tours. What a ripoff! The cost per person was in excess of 30 Euros and the tour was absolutely worthless. First of all, we were treated like cattle and I was left with the distinct impression that the operator was interested only in our money. Second, the city portion of the tour was conducted in a garden variety 8 passenger van from which you could see absolutely nothing. I sat on the left side by a window and, because of the structure of the van, I could see nothing above head level on the left and nothing at all on the right side. I may as well have been sitting inside a box. The tour guide was pleasant, but utterly clueless. Did you know that Mozart lived all his life in Salzburg? I didn't either -- but she told us as much. The boat portion of the tour, consisting of an hour or so on the Danube was a joke. You would think that because we had bought our tickets from the tour operator we could have directly boarded the boat. Hardly -- we had to stand in a long line with all of the walk up traffic. The seating inside the boat was about 15 people across and, unless you had an outside seat, the visibility was simply awful. The small area in the open stern was devoted to seating, as well, so you could not even go there to see things and to take photographs. To top it all off, the PA system was wholly inadequate and I could not hear a word that the captain said about the sites we cruised by. I always begin a visit to a new city by taking a commercial tour -- but if you visit Salzburg, don't take a Panorama Tour. Find another operator with buses designed for city sightseeing and a better attitude towards its customers.

7  Thank cptcwk