“Picture Perfect”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Picture Perfect”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We came in for the day from Munich on a train suggested by the company, which got us in right on time. Our guide, Nick, was great, and led our group, which was probably 75% women, but a mix of younger and older. Yes it was a lot of biking, but we saw so many sights and took frequent breaks, and everyone was able to keep up easily. It was fun because everyone was a huge fan of the movie, we were all equally excited to see the same things! There was also a booklet on the bikes with pictures from the movie to remind you of locations as they appeared in the film, which was helpful! A lot of the tours are Mozart focused, but that honestly wasn't as interesting to us, and this was a exactly what we wanted. The tour was very professional and clearly, Nick knew what he was doing, but it was very fun and laid back, and a great way to see Salzburg, and get your sound of music fill at the same time!

1 Thank john T

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Dunedin, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great tour, great guide”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Claude was a great and up beat guide. He gave us great info about Salzburg and the surrounding area. The tour was great fun and I'm not even that big of a sound of music fan!@

Watertown, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing views of Salzburg! Great value!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We were visiting Salzburg for 2 days during our 2-week Europe trip. I am a huge Sound of Music fan and wanted to do a tour, but found the bus-panorama tours to be way overpriced. Salzburg is so beautiful and I couldn't possibly imagine sitting on a bus all day. Thankfully, I came across Fraulein Maria Bike Tours and thought it sounded much better (and much more reasonably priced). My boyfriend and I booked a morning time slot for 9:30 a.m. We were greeted by Rupert and Claud when we arrived, who helped us get setup/fitted correctly for our bikes and then we were off! Not only did we visit all of the Sound of Music film locations and hear about the history, but Claud also shared fun facts about the history of Salzburg in general. So even if you are not a Sound of Music fan, you can still take-away valuable information about Salzburg's history.

The tour lasted about 3 hours. We saw the most breath-taking views of the mountains and biked to areas of Salzburg that we never would have made it to on foot. My boyfriend and I were both ecstatic that we decided to do this tour and would recommend it to anyone else visiting the area. Skip the bus tours and do this one, you will not regret it!

Alabama
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Loved our guide, Nic!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Had a group of 17 from the U.S. Best part of our trip to Austria! Nic rocks! Nic could use a louder speaker for the back of his bicycle. Stay close to him to hear the music.

Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“The best way to experience the magic of Salzburg and the Sound of Music”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I did this bike tour on a rainy Tuesday, with 8 or so other people from all over the world and our amazing tour guide, Kata (I hope I spelled that right!). Despite the cold and wet weather, we had a wonderful time! Kata was knowledgeable, friendly, and so accommodating. We rode all over Salzburg, sang whenever we could and took lots of beautiful pictures. We stopped for some delicious bread from the city's oldest bakery before making our way up the one hill on the tour. Kata gave us lots of great information about the movie and the history of the city along the way. After riding out to the Hellbrunn palace and seeing the original gazebo from the movie, we stopped at a small unassuming cafe/snack bar - definitely definitely get the hot chocolate here! It was the best cure for a rainy day.
All-in-all, this was a great tour and we're so glad we did it!

Visited May 2014