MEININGER Hotel Salzburg City Center
US$223
US$215
US$126
  • Bar/Lounge
NH Salzburg City(Salzburg)(Great Value!)
US$140
Orbitz.com
US$164
US$146
  • Pool
Hotel Imlauer & Brau(Salzburg)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$92
Official Hotel Site
  • Restaurant
Hotel Hofwirt Salzburg(Salzburg)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$99
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
US$435
US$407
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsguest kitchenthe busbunk bedsold townwashing machineluggage storagebudget hotelprivate bathroomfree wificlean roomsminute walktwo nightsdouble roomfamily roompublic transportyogurtbackpackers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stayed at Meininger hotel for a night.
Booked a room for 4 people, The rooms are spacious & clean.
Staff is very friendly & service is great.
They serve good breakfast in the morning.
Car Parking at this hotel is costly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank malay17
Meininger H, Manager at MEININGER Hotel Salzburg City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Hello!

Thank you very much for your comment! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We are also happy to hear that our staff was friendly to you and our breakfast satisfying.
We would be pleased to see you in a MEININGER again in the future!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed at Meininger only for a night but it was a great stay. My friends and I booked a three person room and it was very spacious and clean. Staff were friendly and willing to answer any questions we had and stored our bags for us on the day we had to check out. Ended up eating breakfast at the hotel, had a decent selection. Not the best location but easy to get to by bus (provided you check how late the bus runs). Would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Meininger H, Manager at MEININGER Hotel Salzburg City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Hey there!

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review of our hotel!

We are very happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay and would recommend our hotel to your friends!
We wish you lots of fun travelling and hope to see you in a MEININGER again!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

What we loved about this hotel that it was reasonable charged, clean and very accesile to the center. Salzburg is extremely beautiful, historic and there is lots to see in the city center. This Hotel is near to the bus line 4 which takes you directly to the city center. The hotel serves only Breakfast but it is goof=d for 8 euros. Some rooms are small but the rooms are clean. It has a very small children area but it keeps the kids hooked. It looks as a basic hotel and has many students staying in

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Meininger H, Manager at MEININGER Hotel Salzburg City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Hello!

Thank you very much for your review! We are glad to hear that you had a nice time staying with us!
It would be great to see you in a MEININGER again!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed recently for 2 nights, booking a double room for single occupancy. My room, 319, was spacious, clean and well-equipped with a good hairdryer, nice TV (unfortunately the English speaking channels are rather dull in Europe!) and a nice sofa too.
The shared kitchen is small but sufficiently equipped, and was kept very clean. Very handy to pop across to the Hofer across the road to get something to cook.
My first night's sleep was brilliant, in a comfortable bed and no noise disturbance. Unfortunately my second night was ruined by the couple in the room next door having extremely loud 'relations' & generally being very noisy at around 3am. The walls could be thicker...! Fortunately I'd booked a late check out, so could spend the morning relaxing without having to worry about checking out by 11am!
The walk into the old town is about 20 mins, and is straight forward enough, though I'm not sure how safe I'd feel doing it alone in the dark. Buses are convenient, especially to the hauptbahnof (€2.40) - and a taxi from the train station to the hotel cost me around €8.
Overall, good value for money, clean and comfortable. Helpful and polite reception staff, with good language skills (thanks, my German is shocking). Location is not perfect, but it's the main compromise.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Meininger H, Manager at MEININGER Hotel Salzburg City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Hey there!

Thank you very much for your exhausting review! We are really glad to hear that you had a nice time in Salzburg, despite the loud couple next door.
We would be pleased to welcome you also in other MEININGER Hotels, located all across Europe!

Thank you again for your kind words and take care!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel while visiting Salzburg for 2 nights back in August. This hotel I think is half hotel and half hostel. We were in the hotel portion and were not disappointed. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom small but adequate and it was very clean. We knew that we would only be in the hotel long enough to sleep and eat breakfast so we were happy with this choice.

We opted to include a breakfast and there was enough variety to satisfy us each day. The true gem of this hotel lies in the front desk hotel staff. Everyone we exchanged contact with was wonderful. The staff members made our dinner reservations for us each night and were very helpful in teaching us the easiest way to walk into the old city.

The walk is approximately one mile, so wear comfortable shoes and only attempt it in nicer-ish weather. If I was alone or with only other girls, I would question the safety of doing this walk, however, having my fiance with me, made me feel comfortable.

The old city of Salzburg is beautiful. We also booked a day tour that took us outside of Salzburg, but the tour company picked us up at the hotel front, which was very convenient.

If you look at the hotel as just a secure, clean and friendly place to stay or if you are on a budget, you will enjoy this. If you're looking for lavish and luxurious rooms, this may not be what you are looking for. I think the only thing that would prevent me from staying here again is how far it is from the center of the old city.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Meininger H, Manager at MEININGER Hotel Salzburg City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Hey there!

Thank you very much for your kind review! It is great to hear that you had such a nice time staying at our hotel despite the 1 mile distance to the old town.
You mentioned that the staff was nice, yet we try to get even nicer - so maybe you can check out our progress the next time you stay at MEININGER.