“Sound of Music Link”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$38.04*
and up
Schloss Mirabell Classical Music Concert in...
Ranked #13 of 208 things to do in Salzburg
More attraction details
Owner description: This former palace now houses government offices. The gardens are where the von Trapp children sang "Do-Re-Mi" in the Sound of Music.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was a welcome diversion from the heat of the city centre. There are many links here from the Do Re Me sing from the Sound of Music film. The gardens are well kept and in the area of Mirabellplatz where many of the bus stops can be found.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,698)
All reviews
in 132 reviews
"scenes"
in 202 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I saw this on google maps when I was exploring Salzburg prior to my visit. After I finished touring the old city and castle, I decided to walk back to the train station instead of the bus. Slowly I made my way through the city when I come upon the park, in or hurry to get back, I decided to stroll thru the gardens, beautiful, well keep, clean. I had some chips a apple and a candy bar in my back pack, so I found a shady spot in the grass, took a seat, ate and watched the locals and tourist for a while. What better way to spend some time, acting like a local it was great. So my tip to you, bring a picnic lunch, stroll thru the gardens and enjoy nature.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Got an opportunity to visit the place as I attended a concert there. Its a beautiful place full of gardens and a rare combination of natural and architectural beauty . It deserves a one day visit

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This Palace is a beautiful open location right in the heart of Salzburg. For those into the Sound of Music, the fountain and garden are sights to see. For the rest of us, its just a nice addition to the magnificent grounds.

Parking at Mirabell is a perfect spot for a visit to Salzburg because parking in the old city is crazy.