“Perfect for my needs”

Ranked #11 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
Buffalo, New York
“Perfect for my needs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Attending one of the famous, "radiology international" congresses held at this hotel. This is a perfect venue. The hotel is immaculately maintained. Excellent staff. The rooms are perfect and the meeting rooms are top-notch. I would recommend this to anyone for pleasure or business. Great location.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Salzburg, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Jonmun,

Thank you so much for your comment at Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel and that you were satisfied with the service of our staff.
It is our intention to make guests feel at home at our property and therefore we are always working on the quality of our rooms and our staff.
Looking forward to see you back soon in Salzburg I remain with my best regards
Herbert Mosbruck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We had a thoroughly enjoyable stay at the Sheraton for part of our Honeymoon. The hotel is conveniently located - close to the train station and right next to the beautiful Mirabell Gardens. The room was exquisite - the bathroom modern and new and spacious. Athough located in the new Salzburg, it is extremely close to the Old Salzburg and it is a beautiful walk alongside the river and across the bridge to get to the old town. The only gripe we had was the ridiculous price of breakfast - this was the only hotel on our 4 week vacation in Europe that we did not have breakfast at the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room facing the Mirabell Gardens
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Salzburg, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear PPillay,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share with us and other travellers your latest experience at the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel. All guests’ comments, positive or negative, help us improve our services and offer our guests better quality. I am glad that you had an enjoyable and memorable stay with us.
Unfortunately our breakfast offer disappointed you but nevertheless I hope you will take into consideration to visit us again soon, allowing us the opportunity to demonstrate the level of service you expect and deserve. I remain with my best regards from Salzburg
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. When we arrived we were upgraded to a nicer room but after seeing it we declined. It was gorgeous and had a fantastic view, but it appeared to have 2 double beds and as my husband is 6'3" and we had our daughter with us, we decided to keep our original room which had a queen sized bed with a cot for our daughter. But if we did appreciate the offer. The location is right next to Mirabell Palace and Gardens. It was an easy 15 min walk to Old Town and all the historic sights.The Sound of Music Tour bus picked us up as well.

We loved the Club Lounge.We got it added using a AAA discount. So worth it. Breakfast included there and snacks available all day and filling sides at suppertime. Plus wine, soft drinks, beer etc.included. Delicious with a lovely view of the Festung Hohensalzburg up on the hill.Would suggest cookies though as well as snack cakes, should anyone want a suggestion. They also took orders for omelets, waffles etc. Candy was left on the beds each night. This was a lovely hotel and if in Salzburg again, we will be staying here thanks to helpful staff and location.

Room Tip: If at all possible, pay to have access to the Club Lounge.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Salzburg, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear 2Deb2012,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time and posting this review here at TripAdvisor.
I would like to thank you very much for the suggestion about the cookies and snack cakes, I will definitely discuss on this with my F&B team.
It is a pleasure to read that your stay was to your complete satisfaction.
I am proud to work with such a great team and we will always try to even exceed our guest´s expectations. We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel in the near future.
I remain with my best regards
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was offered "a special rate of Breakfast being 23.50 insead of 30" at the check in which I thought I heard for 2, not 1. (He had strong accent and I hardly could understand what he was actually talking bout, but for his defence he was trying his best and I can't speak German.. so admit this is my pure ignorance), then I found out it was for each person at the check out! Whopping 94 Euro 2 person eating for 2 morning? I noticed there's a touch trying to impress and justify the value (Freshly squeezed Orange juice, Omelette corner with unapproachable chef...!). Now being typical British, I was too embarrassed to argue at the check out, but must admit it left not a nice feeling when I left the hotel. I will definitely go back to Salzburg but not quite sure if I go back same hotel.. well, certainly NOT for Breakfast.. Thanks for the nice upgrade though as a gold member. But I can't quite find anything excel to make this hotel special also expect blackout curtains from those hotels at least..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gochiso-sama
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Salzburg, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Gochiso-sama,

We are sorry for your disappointed on the price of our breakfast buffet, trying to demonstrate that we only use high quality products for food & beverage.
Hopefully you will take into consideration to give us a chance to earn back your trust, allowing us the opportunity to demonstrate the level of service you expect and deserve. I would be happy to make your reservation personally and remain with my best regards
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights. Good location, clean rooms, very helpful and pleasant staff. The downside for us was that a large tour group (3 buses) were also staying at the hotel and they really took over. They were loud, the lobby was always crowded and breakfast was difficult to enjoy.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Salzburg, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear gibber,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback following your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel. All guests’ comments, positive or negative, help us improve our services and offer our guests better quality.
On the one hand I am glad that you enjoyed our location and on the other hand I am sorry that you were bothered by the large group. Nevertheless we hope to have you back at Sheraton Salzburg Hotel allowing us the opportunity to demonstrate the level of service you expect and deserve. I remain with my best regards from Salzburg
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

The Sheraton Salzburg is one of our favourite hotels around the world. We first stayed there about 30 years ago, soon after it opened, and have been back several times over the years. It has a nice warm feel as you enter the lobby, and not the huge ostentatious ambience found in many major chain hotels. The staff are excellent - friendly and helpful.
The hotel is in a great location just next to the Mirabell Gardens, and a 10-minute walk to the old town. There is also a 25metre indoor swimming pool located next door.
The room and bathroom are spacious and everything in the room just falls into place. Simple touches like complimentary internet access in the room, adequate power points to charge devices, separate shower enclosure, good quality toiletries, adequate adjustable lighting, the English TV channels grouped together and an umbrella for your use (it rains a fair bit in March!) make one feel at home immediately. The beds are comfortable and there are sufficient pillows. And, oh yes . . the Mozartkugeln left behind when the beds are turned down is a welcome treat.
On certain nights of the week, depending on the season, a dinner can be arranged in the hotel restaurant, followed by a concert in the Marble Room in the Mirabell Palace next door.
I believe that the hotel was last renovated in 2012.
We recommend the hotel to our friends going to Salzburg, and will certainly look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Mirabell Gardens.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LCWW
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Salzburg, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear LCWW,

I feel very proud of my whole team, reading your nice words about the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel. Thank you very much for your positive review!
Our hotel always seeks to maintain the very highest standards of quality and service.
We look forward to welcoming you to Sheraton Salzburg Hotel back soon, being of service to you on many occasions and make you again feel at home.
Best regards
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel next to the Mirabell Gardens was a pleasant surprise. We were given a renovated room which was extremely comfortable. The breakfast buffet, although not cheap, was excellent. Services requested were handled quickly. Feels more like a business hotel but it is very well run and a pleasure for us.

Room Tip: The garden facing rooms are quiet and the best view that the hotel has since it's not tall so do...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear NewYorkWendy,

I would like to thank you very much for your positive review here at TripAdvisor.
I am glad that your room, the breakfast buffet and the service of our staff were to your satisfaction. I am looking forward to welcome you back soon I remain with my best regards