“Excellent location and hotel”

Sheraton Grand Salzburg
Ranked #10 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent location and hotel”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently spent 6 nights in a junior suite overlooking the Mirabel gardens. The location of the hotel and view from the room was superb. Our room was very comfortable. The staff at the hotel all went out of their way to be helpful. Reception staff were delightful.
We used the Club lounge often and found the service excellent and the food good.

Room Tip: Room with a garden view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 347Helen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I try last year Sheraton Salzburg and I like it , the location close to every thing in salzburg (old salzburg ,the river and the maribel gardens , the stuff was friendly , the room was clean but the furniture was old but clean .

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mohamed A
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We previously stayed at the Bristol on our last trip to Salzburg and decided to use our
Starwood points to book two rooms at the Sheraton. Both rooms were wonderful (our room
had been recently renovated and overlooked the Mirabell Gardens, and our daughter was
upgraded to a junior suite (the floor hadn't been renovated but was extremely nice). Exceptionally clean and the linens and beds are very nice and comfortable.
The staff was friendly, helpful, and made great recommendations for dinner and how to
get around the city. I can't say enough nice things about the hotel. Great location and we
would probably choose this hotel to stay again if we return to Salzburg.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the gardens are lovely and very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Salzburg, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear pcham1951,
thanks a lot for sharing with us and other travellers your recent experience at the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel. I am very glad to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful and your room was to your complete satisfaction.
Looking forward to welcome you back I remain with my best regards
Brno, Czech Republic
Reviewed 20 May 2014

First of all... The hotel's position is perfect. Directly from the hotel you enter the Mirabell Garden and the famous pictures of Mirabell garden with city center and Fortress on a hill are made just 50 metres from your room. So, great for exploring the city center.

Anyway, the price is quite high taking in mind that there is almost nothing included. For breakfast they charge you 30 EUR extra per person, parking is like 10 EUR per night (I don't remember that exactly) and the hotel restaurant is also one of the most expensive ones in Salzburg. To be fair, there was included a free wi-fi, but on the other hand it was the slowest connection I've tried for the last two years. In the mornings ok, but afternoon and evenings were overloaded, so it felt like 5 years ago.

Rooms are big, beds are comfortable and the bathroom with shower is also quite nice. There is a tv in bathroom, but without a tub I am not sure how often it gets used.

There were some tiny stones and sand (like from dirty shoes) around the trash bin when we got in and it remained there until our checkout two days later, so I am affraid that the vacuum cleaner is not a favourite instrument of the roomservice team. Anyway, otherwise the room was really clean and very nicely furnished.

To sum up, location is really perfect and if you don't care so much for money, then it is a good and nice choice. Just don't go there if you are internet addict as you may get older before you load anything. Anyway, Salzburg is a beautiful small city with great surroundings, so ideal for 2-3 days stay (1-2 days in Salzburg + the rest to see a nearby mountains and lakes), enjoy!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Salzburg, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Zimbardo,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback following your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel. It is a pleasure for me to read that you were satisfied with the hotel but also I feel sorry for the few negative points you mentioned, like slow wi-fi.
Nevertheless I really hope you will take into consideration to visit us again soon, I remain with my best regards
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Attending one of the famous, "radiology international" congresses held at this hotel. This is a perfect venue. The hotel is immaculately maintained. Excellent staff. The rooms are perfect and the meeting rooms are top-notch. I would recommend this to anyone for pleasure or business. Great location.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Salzburg, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Jonmun,

Thank you so much for your comment at Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel and that you were satisfied with the service of our staff.
It is our intention to make guests feel at home at our property and therefore we are always working on the quality of our rooms and our staff.
Looking forward to see you back soon in Salzburg I remain with my best regards
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We had a thoroughly enjoyable stay at the Sheraton for part of our Honeymoon. The hotel is conveniently located - close to the train station and right next to the beautiful Mirabell Gardens. The room was exquisite - the bathroom modern and new and spacious. Athough located in the new Salzburg, it is extremely close to the Old Salzburg and it is a beautiful walk alongside the river and across the bridge to get to the old town. The only gripe we had was the ridiculous price of breakfast - this was the only hotel on our 4 week vacation in Europe that we did not have breakfast at the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room facing the Mirabell Gardens
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Salzburg, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear PPillay,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share with us and other travellers your latest experience at the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel. All guests’ comments, positive or negative, help us improve our services and offer our guests better quality. I am glad that you had an enjoyable and memorable stay with us.
Unfortunately our breakfast offer disappointed you but nevertheless I hope you will take into consideration to visit us again soon, allowing us the opportunity to demonstrate the level of service you expect and deserve. I remain with my best regards from Salzburg
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. When we arrived we were upgraded to a nicer room but after seeing it we declined. It was gorgeous and had a fantastic view, but it appeared to have 2 double beds and as my husband is 6'3" and we had our daughter with us, we decided to keep our original room which had a queen sized bed with a cot for our daughter. But if we did appreciate the offer. The location is right next to Mirabell Palace and Gardens. It was an easy 15 min walk to Old Town and all the historic sights.The Sound of Music Tour bus picked us up as well.

We loved the Club Lounge.We got it added using a AAA discount. So worth it. Breakfast included there and snacks available all day and filling sides at suppertime. Plus wine, soft drinks, beer etc.included. Delicious with a lovely view of the Festung Hohensalzburg up on the hill.Would suggest cookies though as well as snack cakes, should anyone want a suggestion. They also took orders for omelets, waffles etc. Candy was left on the beds each night. This was a lovely hotel and if in Salzburg again, we will be staying here thanks to helpful staff and location.

Room Tip: If at all possible, pay to have access to the Club Lounge.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Salzburg, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear 2Deb2012,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time and posting this review here at TripAdvisor.
I would like to thank you very much for the suggestion about the cookies and snack cakes, I will definitely discuss on this with my F&B team.
It is a pleasure to read that your stay was to your complete satisfaction.
I am proud to work with such a great team and we will always try to even exceed our guest´s expectations. We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel in the near future.
I remain with my best regards