“Great Hotel”

Doylestown,PA
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a great hotel in a very nice location , about a 10 min walk to old town
Got instant help with bags and they even parked/retrieved my car for me in public car park
All staff very friendly and helpful.
Highly recommended

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Salzburg, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear blx777,

I would like to thank you very much for posting this review about your latest stay at the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel here on TripAdvisor. It really is a pleasure for me to read that you were satisfied with the service of our staff- We really hope to have you back in the near future. In the meanwhile I remain with my best regards from Salzburg
Herbert Mosbruck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We only stayed here for one night and didn't eat at the hotel. Room was clean and comfortable. Interactions with staff was excellent. The location is a 5-10 minute walk from the train station and 15 - 20 minutes walk from town center.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Salzburg, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear jasonz92,

I would like to thank you very much for posting this review about your latest stay at the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel here on TripAdvisor. It really is a pleasure for me to read that you were satisfied with your room and the service of our staff- We hope to have you back in the near future. In the meanwhile I remain with my best regards from Salzburg
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I am a local, our guests always stay at the Sheraton Salzburg. Ask for a room on 5th floor. Get the additional Club Lounge entry (add-on, not free) for terrace- and view of the "Salzburg fortress". Food is extraordinary too.

Room Tip: 5th floor, newly renovated.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
U.S.A.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

For travelers that want a very nice, quiet, comfortable room, this is probably the place. I chose it for those reasons. In retrospect, I might have preferred to be right in the old part of the city, across the river. Most of the attractions we were interested in were there. Still, it's not that far to walk. As I recall, they only had high-end dinner options or bar food available. It would have been nice to have something in between. But, otherwise, a perfectly nice stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sojourner7
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

There was a big conference going on during our stay so this may have contributed to the overall unwelcoming corporate feel of the hotel- breakfast buffet in particular was a bit of a mess due to the number of people. This could have been compensated if the hotel staff had been more service oriented. The omelette chef in the morning acted as if he hated his job and I felt embarrassed to order from him each morning. The maître d at the restaurant was slightly condescending. However there were a few among the staff who were friendly, enthusiastic and helpful, among them the young man at the front desk with blonde hair, a particularly nice waitress at breakfast, and one or two waiters who served dinner and drinks at the garden terrace. Our room also had an unbeatable view of the salzburg fortress and the beautiful garden.

The hotel was a mixed bag overall, but salzburg itself was magnificent.

Stayed May 2014
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Salzburg, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear FY L,

Thank you very much for sharing this review. All guests’ comments, positive or negative, help us improve our services and offer our guests better quality.
I am sorry that your stay with us was marked through the big conference and that the service of our stuff convinced you only partially. In spite of everything I really hope that you will take into consideration to visit us again soon, allowing us the opportunity to demonstrate the level of service you expect and deserve. I would be happy to make your reservation personally. I remain with my best regards
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently spent 6 nights in a junior suite overlooking the Mirabel gardens. The location of the hotel and view from the room was superb. Our room was very comfortable. The staff at the hotel all went out of their way to be helpful. Reception staff were delightful.
We used the Club lounge often and found the service excellent and the food good.

Room Tip: Room with a garden view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 347Helen
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I try last year Sheraton Salzburg and I like it , the location close to every thing in salzburg (old salzburg ,the river and the maribel gardens , the stuff was friendly , the room was clean but the furniture was old but clean .

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family