Imlauer Hotel Pitter Salzburg
Pension Lechner(Salzburg)
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
1,792 results
All reviewsthe crowne plazasky barpitter kellermirabell gardensbeer cellarold townrooftop restauranttrain stationminute walkjunior suitetop floorthe riverking bedexcellent hotelfamily roomthe air conditioningreception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2010

Warm and welcoming with friendly staff. Nice bar and also the restaurant were we had breakfast. Great location

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2010

TheSerice was very good, I liked the room as well. The location is perfect, amenities too, special the Swimming pool with mirror. I eated a dinner at Pitter Keller. It was brilliant. The food was very nice, service: quick, friendly, proffesional.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 March 2010

Stayed at the Crown Plaza for 5 nights during a trip to Austria. The hotel is in a good location - very close to Mirabell Square/Gardens and within a short walking distance to both the train station and the old town (approx 10minutes to both in opposite directions). There are also bus stops outside the hotel for travel in both directions.

The standard of the hotel is what I would normally expect from a Crown Plaza property. The room was of a good size with a large and comfortable bed. The bathroom was a little cramped but still peferectly servicable. The usual in-room facilities were available - free tea/coffee, mini-bar, hairdrier, iron/ironing board, in-room safe and dressing gowns. There is wifi available in the room and throughout the hotel - although we didn't use this so can't comment on costs. There are two computers available in the reception area which provide internet access free of charge.

We got a very good price for 5 nights bed & breakfast for a double room (expedia special rate), which represented great value for money.

The hotel facilities are quite good too. There is a very small leizure area - with some gym equipment, sauna and steam room and a tiny little swimming pool (think average sized-jacuzzi but without the bubbles).

The breakfast was good - with plenty of choice of hot/cold dishes, breads and pastries. Not sure it was worth the 15 Euro per person charge, but since we were on a B&B rate it was good to get some food to set us up for the sightseeing day ahead.

We also ate in the hotel restaurant one night - the Imlauer which, although quite expensive, did serve very good food. I personally found the Plaza Bar and the Piterkeller Bar/Restaurant to be too smoky for me. Although, this was something that I found throughout Austria, and was especially difficult for me as a non-smoking living in Scotland which has a smoking ban in public places in place for 4 years!

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and spoke good English, which was useful as my German is fairly limited.

All in all we had a very enjoyable stay at the Crown Plaza and I would recommend it to other travellers, especially if you can get yourself a good rate!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GlasgowSam73
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Very Impressed
My wife and I had a 4 night stay at this hotel and were extremely pleased with every aspect. Friendly reception, clean and very spacious room with temperature controlled radiatiors, comfortable king size bed, minibar, TV with English news channels, good size bathroom with shower etc. The "swimming" pool is tiny (Ive been to hotels with bigger Jacuzzis) but is ok for a dip. The sauna and steam rooms are excellent and the gym is very small but functional. The bier keller down stairs sells good food at reasonable prices and it is possible have meals there most of the day and evening. Resaraunt upstairs is a little expensive so we didn’t eat there although we had breakfast one morning and were pleased with what was on offer. I have given top marks for everything except the location but to be fair that is a littly petty as although the hotel is at the most northern part of the town we only had to take a 5 minute walk to the nearest bars and restaraunts. It is a 10-15 minute walk to the Old Town across the river and that is where most of the "action" is. We will be returning to Salzburg and if the hotel prices don’t increase TOO much in the Summer we will stay at the Crown Plaza again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony_Watterson
MartinGissel, General Manager at Imlauer Hotel Pitter Salzburg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2010

Dear Tony, thank you very much for this fantastic feedback! Regarding your next stay I hope too that we can meet your budget also in summer. We also have the PitterKeller in our portfolio Salzburg's oldest beer cellar which is also onsite. The prizes there lower and the atmosphere is very casual. Within Salzburg I would say that our location is still quiet good because the Hotels within the historic city center are very difficult to reach and distances on the other hand as you outlined are very small and the area where our Hotel is located is very safe. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 8 January 2010

No one knew what was going on re trips, events at any given time over the Xmas period at the Front Desk. On numerous occasions I was given incorrect information which caused much confusion and inconvenience. The staff are young and need better training as to what is actually available for their guests to visit.

I was asked on at least five occasions asked did I want to attend a Gala Dinner, I declined on each occasion. I was actually told by a lady that I could not book for the week unless I attended the Gala Dinner at 95 Euros each!!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends