“Definitely not 4*”

Austria Trend Hotel Europa Salzburg
Ranked #48 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The cost of the rooms in the Austria Trend Hotel Europa Salzburg definitely does not correspond to the quality. Admittedly the hotel is in an excellent location but the rooms were very basic, not particularly clean and the whole hotel was in need of some TLC. Even the letters behind the reception were hanging off the wall: not a good first impression. The bathroom was very small and basic with poor ventilation and we didn't have one hot shower for the whole weekend as the water was luke-warm at best. For a 4* hotel you would expect some toiletries in the bathroom, but only a soap dispenser was available. This is one of the more expensive 4* hotels I've stayed in and by far the worst in quality.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WorldTraveller247
There are newer reviews for Austria Trend Hotel Europa Salzburg

Reviewed 23 December 2011

I am returning guest to this hotel.
It is still the cleanest room I have ever been to.
Location is convenient, all rooms have great view of the city.
The breakfast is not included in price and it is very expensive but there are plenty of way better and cheaper places to have breakfast in salzburg.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Advantages : close to train and bus station, great view from higher floors, big rooms, free parking

Disadvantages : poor breakfast quality, not it's a business like hotel, not recommended for a romantic trip, far from the historic center, small parking lot, no coffee/tea facilities in the room

Overall : great value for money

Room Tip: Select room on higher floors for great city view, book early in order to include breakfast in the ro...
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I stayed in the Trend Europa Salzburg with an Insight Vacations Bus Tour in Sept 2011.
The room was spacious and very clean. Bathroom the same. Great views of Salzburg from the bedroom window. Room was air conditioned which is a great plus in Europe.
Staff spoke English well and I found them to be very nice and helpful. Breakfast was very good but the restaurant dinner was quite average.
The only real complaint that I had with this Hotel was that you had to put your electronic key card into the power when you entered the room. Thus, when you left the room the air conditioning went OFF! A very mean and penny pinching way to save on electricity by the Hotel and I would not have been happy had I been there in the hight of summer.
Overall I would rate this Hotel 7+ to 8/10.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I love how this place is really close to the bus station. We could travel all over Salzburg so easily because of our hotel's location. I don't understand why people keep complaining about walking 20 minutes here & there. We barely even walked with the great transportation system that is Salzburg! Plus, so many buses in the old & new town come to the final hub.

The hotel has elevators that are never slow. The service is great at the front desk. When our internet wasn't working, they gave us a complimentary drink. The room was very quiet, or perhaps the hotel was quiet. We rarely saw any other guests. I love that cuz I'm such a light sleeper & if you read my review on Calico House in London, I'd say I'd rather come to Austria a thousand times instead of having to live in Calico House. With my silicone earplugs, I heard neither my partner nor anyone else in the hotel.

People have complained about the shower & it is a very strange thing. It only has half a door. So usually water splashed out like crazy. But other than that, the room is quite large in European standards. My partner really liked this town partly cuz of the hotel. The bed was neither small nor too soft. Internet was readily available if you just go downstairs & use the hotel's. Breakfast was quite expensive (same as internet) but food in Salzburg is so good that you're missing out if you don't try different restaurants. The Middle Eastern joint just down one street was super! We did stay on a high level, but this place was so quiet, I'd definitely come back despite the shower thing.

The air conditioning is controllable. We were worried since we were used to cool Vancouver weather. I read so many complaints & problems about hotels in Austria that I really feel I lucked out at this place. Wasn't that expensive either.

Room Tip: I'd still go for a higher floor cuz it is near the trains & buses. But it was so quiet!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2011

The hotel has great views over the old part of Salzburg. It is close enough to walk to the old town through the Mirabel gardens. There is also a bus stop right next to the hotel. The room was spacious and clean. The hotel offers free Wi-fi and has a computer with free internet access. Breakfast was buffet style with a big selection of food. You can also eat dinner at the hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2011

very average hotel...they ran out of bread at breakfast....average but clean rooms...do not expect much...free wired internet in the rooms and wifi in the lobby

• Stayed: October 2011