“Very nice hotel with excellent view”

Romantik Gersberg Alm
Ranked #41 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
Znojmo, Czech Republic
“Very nice hotel with excellent view”
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel twice and we were there many times for a dinner and every your experience was really great. The hotel is very nice, peacefull and traditional. The staff is helpful and the rooms cosy.
The view is spectacular and sitting out, having a glass of wine and looking on Salzburg is unforgetable. Other thing to recommand is the restaurant- very good dishes and nice atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Ewangelle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
Cugir, Romania
Reviewed 5 May 2013

If you are eager to stay in the middle of the crowds, do not even try to find this hotel. If you prefer a more discreet stay, enjoy the personal contact of a small house and the personal attention, still want to be somewhat close to the center and overlook Salzburg: this is the place for you. An old farm house, adapted to a luxury hotel but still fitting in the landscape, local cuisine, far away from the main roads but a short 15 min ride from the city center.

In fact, it is so hidden away that you should prefer a map to GPS. And you also have to book quite in advance as it is often full if anything is going on in Salzburg. The place is well known by locals who fill up the restaurant or even book the house for family events and other meetings, so you can discover the local idioms that are unknown in the "big brand" hotels of the area.

We enjoyed the family-style management, and when we need again a hide-away in the area, we will be back.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

This hotel was one of the best hotels we have been till today! The people were amazinly friendly, the location great, very very clean, the food was amazing, well, it is a "must go"!!
Definatelly an amazing place to stay!!!

• Stayed September 2011
Tirana
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I was there for a romantic getaway at the end of November with my boyfriend and from the reviews in other websites it looked as it was the perfect place for the main purpose of my trip.

First of all the route suggested by our gps device was the shortest maybe but in the mountains and very difficult one. I could not image how difficult wouild it had been in case of ice or snow.
After passing this difficulty of the road we found the place and entered the reception area. You wil not have a good impression when you enter there, the staff was'nt the kindest I have ever met. There is no elevator and there are a few stairs to go to the second floor, but however its Ok.
When I enter the room I had a major dissapointment. The double room had two separated beds and I didnt like it at all. Not only that but it wansnt even clean and prepared. I started arguing with the receptrin and after that we had an upgrade (with no extra fee) to sime kind of apartment. That improved somehow my opinion about his hotel. The second room was big, clean but not shiny clean, the furniture seem old. I dont know.
The view was very impressive, as you can see Salzburg from the window.
The breakfast was OK, not that good for my taste.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tzvete
London
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Must say I am surprised by some of the reviews below. Just returned from a few days at the Gersberg Alm with my family and had a truly incredible time.

We had two rooms, both very spacious and clean, although perhaps a little tired-looking. One was at the front with stunning views over the whole valley, including Salzburg itself with its picturesque castle and cathedral. That room had a lovely skylight and was light and airy. The other room was at the back with no views and tiny windows, which made it a bit stuffy given the heatwave (beware - no air conditioning).

Breakfast involved a great selection of food and could be eaten at the lovely outdoor area or inside. Dinner was delicious and again the atmosphere outside was great and the service friendly and efficient. Plenty of staff around.

The garden area is large and well thought-out with deckchairs and so on, and the pool is beautiful (although unheated) and has views of the valley.

Staff were happy to book taxis, restaurants etc. and to advise on activities in town.

If what you are looking for is a chic, modern, spotless, all-mod-cons luxury travelling experience, this is perhaps not it. But if you want a unique, genuine, beautiful, relaxing spot with great food and good service (albeit not always flawless) then look no further - book your room right away!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Vicenza, Italy
Reviewed 20 February 2011

I have to say that I was looking forward to this hotel. It was aptly named for me to meet my husband in. He lives in Germany and I live in Italy and it seemed the perfect place to meet for the weekend.

I arrived for the weekend about 5 hours before my husband. I was on some small country road that went straight up a mountain. My car slipped on the ice and went into a snowbank. It was 7:00 pm, pitch black out, and I couldn't see anything. I called the hotel and told them the problem. They said that some GPS's tend to take people that way, but it was the wrong way. Nothing about this was said on the website. They said I would have to walk or call someone to tow my car. I asked if someone could come get me since I was only 1 km down the hill, I was a single woman, it was cold and dark, and I didn't know where I was going. They refused. I climbed the hill. After a few hours the police found my car and one of the nice kitchen workers took me back to the car so I could get it out of the snowdrift.

One other issue that we had was in booking a tour. I asked the receptionist to book a tour for us. She told us that they would pick us up. I asked if we could meet the tour in Salzburg since it was a 15 min ride away and we would already be there. She told us that it would be better to have transportation. We did, we had a great tour, until the tour ended and there was no return transportation. We had to get a 20 euro taxi ride back to the hotel. When we mentioned the situation to the manager/owner, he got argumentative and said we didn't understand anything since we were Americans. Despite being offensive, I have taken tours in dozens of countries on 6 continents and I think that it would be mentioned that there is no return transport. We were simply asking them to tell the next people that book a tour the situation and instead we were accosted and treated terribly.

I think the room was quite nice, unfortunately none of the rooms have a view, but it was comfortable. The breakfast was quite good and we ate in the restaurant one night. Other than appalling wine, it was quite good though over-priced. The customer service was really terrible. I would recommend staying in Salzburg instead. I have done that before and the hospitality is better.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank OverseasIowan
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Don't bother. If your room number isn't in the 300's you will be extremely disappointed. the rooms starting with 3 have been remodeled the rest of the hotel is tired...down to the cigarette burned chairs in the bar/lounge area. The wait staff of the hotel restaurant were wonderfully kind. The front desk women were perhaps the worst I have encountered in my life. They couldn't care less about you. The exception was Nadine, she was wonderful and made an otherwise disappointing stay a bright spot. She should be promoted ... the other two women should be terminated. I stayed at nicer La Quinta hotels. The hotel could be a gem, but it needs a major overhaul and renovation of the property and the front desk staff. I've never paid so much and got so little!! Ritz prices super 8 quality.... except for the rooms starting with 3 .... those rooms were nicley done.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family