In Salzburg, it seems you have to pay an arm and a leg to stay in a decent hotel in the old town, so we opted for something a bit cheaper outside the old town. We had a Superior Double Room which was very good (slightly on the small side - so i suppose a Classic Room would be even smaller) - it was very clean, the bed was big and comfortable and the bathroom was very nice. We asked for a quiet room at the back with a view of the mountains and it was very pretty.
Be aware though, rooms at the front of the hotel are on a very busy main road, and on one side, rooms look out over a petrol station.
One of the two disappointing things was there was a lack of ambience in the hotel lobby. It was very quiet, no music, no atmospheric lighting - so it didn't feel all that welcoming (but the staff were friendly and helpful).
Second disappointing thing: location. It's about a 15-20 minute walk to the river and old town, which we didn't mind as we had opted for a cheaper hotel. But the hotel is on a rather unpleasant main road, with characterless buildings - a shame as the rest of Salzburg is so beautiful.
Having said that, we had a pleasant stay and would recommend this hotel if you're looking for a cheaper, but decent option in Salzburg.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Salzburg Central is easy to reach by car or public transport, with Getreidegasse, Mirabell Garden, the historical center, Linzergasse and the main train station just a few minutes' walk away. This hotel in the city of Mozart is ideally located for cultural trips, city breaks and short stays. One of the reasons why the conference and seminar hotel is so highly rated among business guests is its proximity to the conference center, exhibition center and airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Lastminute, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Salzburg Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Salzburg Kapuzinerberg Hotel Salzburg
- Accor Salzburg Kapuzinerberg