“lovely little hotel”
Review of Hotel Rosenvilla

Hotel Rosenvilla
Ranked #18 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Most unique and elegant breakfast eve!! This was an unexpected surprise that topped everything else- the nice warm service, cleanliness of the room and the great quiet off-center location.

The hotel is a 3 story small building located in the outskirts of a residential neighborhood, some 10 minute beautiful walk to the center of the city, via the river walk.

A picturesque natural pool in the front completes the serene picture.

this place is absolutely lovely, the staff is nice and friendly and it certainly deserves it's high ranking. Let's just hope it stays homey and intimate...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
fleischhaker, Manager at Hotel Rosenvilla, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear guests,

thank you very much for sending us your possitive review. We are more than glad, that you enjoyed your stay with us, the breakfast and our service! Maybe we may welcome you again one time again. Thanks a lot and kind regards from Hotel Rosenvilla, Stefanie Fleischhaker

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I booked this hotel knowing it was in a residential area with a 15-20 minute walk to the old town; however, was encouraged by all of the positive reviews. I compliment this hotel on the friendliness of their staff, as well as the quantity and quality of breakfast offerings. Those two items made my stay more pleasant. On the mornings when the weather cooperated, the hotel has a lovely patio for seating, which can also be enjoyed at other times of the day.

I was a solo traveler and booked into an adequately sized room; however, felt the room lacked charm which surprised me compared to the other rooms and exterior. I had no issues with the WiFi during my stay.

I visited during the Music Festival, so rooms were tight in supply for a more reasonable cost. I missed the opportunity to rent a bicycle, which I would have enjoyed. The bus line is convenient and which I took when short on time. I think this is a perfect location for those traveling by automobile yet will choose to stay closer to the center on my next trip to the area so that I could explore more of the town center vs. walking or commuting via bus.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jodyc06

Dear guest, thanks for your review. I am glad, that you enjoyed our breakfast and service. Regarding the size of the room, I have to say, that we mostly sell our single rooms for short stays like 1 or 2 days. If you will come again one time and also stay again for a few days, we can offer you a double room for single use. Unfortunately the double rooms were already fully booked the time you stayed with us, since we have high season in August! I am very sorry, that we didn´t tell you, that we DO HAVE electric bikes. We promote them in our morning post and on a sunny day ,they are standing in our garden, where our guests can have a look and maybe try before they really rent them. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your stay with us and maybe we may welcome you again one time! Best regards from Hotel Rosenvilla, Stefanie Fleischhaker

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Rosenvilla and found it to be well situated to our activities. It's a 15-20 minute walk (or 5 minute bus ride) to downtown Salzburg, but the best part of our trip was renting bicycles from the hotel and riding on the trail away from the city along the river. Not something we had planned but wound up being one of the highlights of our trip--so we highly recommend trying it while you're there and if you have the time. The hotel and staff were great. The morning breakfast was delicious and the staff was friendly and helpful. No complaints whatsoever about Hotel Rosenvilla and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill A

Dear guests,
thank you for your possitive review! I am more than glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Even better, that you had a good time, while exploring the city with our electric bikes! All the best and maybe we will see you again one time in Salzburg. Kind regards, Stefanie Fleischhaker

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We are two adults jammed into a hot room (no A/C) with a poor bed ( it slopes to the middle), a toilet that a tall person can't comfortably sit on, and a glass bathroom door that affords no privacy. The rate is high for what we are receiving. The choice last night was open the door and get some air movement, thus subjecting ourselves to road noise, or to shut it and boil.

If you get a reasonable-sized room, the situation might be lovely. The location, other than the real road noise, is good, and the breakfast is a tasty & good deal, as opposed to this room!

2  Thank Seamusocadhla

Dear guests, thanks for your review. I am more than sorry, that you did not enjoy our stay with us. Our hotel is an old building and it is not possible for us to built an air conditioning into the rooms. But since the walls are very thick, it stays nice and cool inside, as long as you shut the windows and curtains during the day. In Salzburg it normaly does not get really hot very often( a few days in the year), so an air condition is not really needed. But in case it is getting hot, we always provide fans! Maybe next time, just tell staff at the reception. Also if you do not like the room, why didn´t you tell us? It wouldn´t have been a problem, to change to another room! Also, we do not have one single room, where it is not possible to sit on the toilet comfortably. A few doors are made of glass, thats right. But since they are designed in different colors, you cannot look into the toilet! You can also see that at the pictures online. Anyway, I am very sorry, that you didn´t enjoy your stay with us, but maybe next time, tell the hotel in advance, that something is not the way you like it. It would be easier for both sides! Kind regards, Stefanie Fleischhaker

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We had a lovely three nights at Hotel Rosenvilla. There were lots of options at breakfast so even our fussy tastes were catered to. The room had a lovely, large balcony but we loved Salzburg so much we spent our time in town and surrounds instead. The walk to the Old Town was fine but we were there in summer. It might be better taking the bus during winter.

We had bought tickets to the Austrian Grand Prix. They were not being mailed until after we had left Australia but Stefanie was happy to accept delivery of the tickets at the hotel. We greatly appreciated this extra level of service.

We booked a package with the Salzburg Card. Unfortunately, I forgot to ask for it when we checked in and the next day we decided that even though it would be more expensive to buy from the tourist information centre, we'd rather pay the extra than spend time going back to the hotel as we were only in Salzburg for a short stay. On check-out, we were not charged for the package but don't make the same mistake I did! Ask for the card on check-in as it is excellent value.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I booked this after the reviews on Trip Advisor, it is charming and very friendly. The rooms are all different, we had a suite which was a large room on the first floor, you go in through the bathroom to the bedroom, it was very comfortable and comfortable bed. There is a pretty garden/terrace where breakfast is served and you can sit and relax. The staff were so helpful and I would recommend buying the card for the bus and entry to all attractions. You do have to take the bus into the town, no 7 and runs quite regularly. You can also get a discount on shows and other things with the card. They have a an honesty bar and wonderful body lotion in the rooms that you can buy. Great value.

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet.

Dear guests,

thank you very much for sending us your possitive review. We are more than glad, that you like the room you stayed in, our garden and our service. Maybe we may welcome you again one time. Thanks a lot and kind regards from Hotel Rosenvilla, Stefanie Fleischhaker

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed 3 nights in a classic double room (room 2). Large room with a modern bathroom but the other furnishings were a little quaint. Bed and pillows were disappointing. Breakfast was excellent and the manager Stephanie and her team were outstandingly helpful. It's an easy 20 minutes walk to the Old Town Centre and there is a bus only 100 metres from hotel (10 minutes trip). Excellent value and this charming hotel added to our Salzburg visit.