“Nice hotel, great breakfast!”
Review of NH Salzburg City

NH Salzburg City
Ranked #30 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My daughter and I are currently staying at the NH Salzburg and like the hotel. The rooms are clean and our room on the 5th floor has a lovely view of the mountains. The location is very good with only a ten minute walk to the old town with many main attractions. The only negative aspect is that there are no tea or coffee making facilities in the room and, if you want a hot beverage you have to go downstairs to the restaurant and buy one. Every other hotel we've stayed at during our holiday has free tea/coffee. We did go to the restaurant and ask for two cups of boiling water and the very helpful waiter gave us two teapots of boiling water so we could have tea in our room.

The breakfast is excellent with a good variety of hot dishes such as fried eggs, mushrooms, bacon, tomato with grilled cheese etc. The selection of cereals and fruit was also extensive. The cold meat, cheese platter, smoked salmon and bread/pastry selection was also above average. Tea and machine coffee, as well as a variety of fruit juices is also available. Very good hotel for a reasonable cost of €77 per night.

The highlight of our visit to Salzburg has been the day trip to Hallstatt! Well worth the two bus, train and boat ride to get there! The most beautiful town my daughter and I have ever seen. Enjoy your stay in Salzburg!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors with a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 March 2013

A really good choice for us. Our room on the 5th floor was very clean and warm . The only problem was the shower which was very sluggish. The breakfast was plentiful and tasty. The location excelent .
I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: perhaps water pressure would be better on the lower floors.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We booked room only and were given a room on the top floor. The room was reasonable size with a very comfortable bed.

The hotel is in a great location within walking distance to all the main attractions.

The breafast we did not take up as it was 16 Euros each. Parking was in a local garage at a special offer paid through the hotel at 14 Euros for 24 Hours.

My only complaint was that the bottled water provided in the room was at a cost of 4.9 Euros

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Upon arrival we suprised that the entire hotel was covered in scaffolding and a membrane so those in most of the rooms had either limited or no view at all out from the windows. If we had known this in advance we would not have booked.

The room we were given was on the top floor just above the membrane so the reception were accomodating in our request.

The breakfast was a shambles, the tables were not cleared and the food was not replaced when empty. All in all there are better places to stay in this lovely city.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2013

The hotel is within walking distance to all major attractions and the train station, around it you will find some decent restaurants. The interior design is modernistic and conveys a spartan impression (and has the disadvantage that you will see virtually any dust grain). The bathroom was a bit small and could have been more spacious to my liking. Yet - see title - I had the best continental breakfast for long, sumptuous and extensive, you are astounded what you can offer on a small buffet (don't miss the cheese board, though I missed a fruit basket as an apple a day ...). The personal at the reception was helpful and customer focussed, a delight.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I visited Salzburg in January with my wife. We choose NH Salzburg City because of the location and the price. We made the best choice. Central hotel, very good and friendly staff, clean and modern room. I would like to mention the young Spanish barman from Barcelona. He was very friendly and polite. He understood that we were Greeks and he spoke to us. I work also in a hotel as a F& B Manager and i have to give my congratulations to the managment of the hotel for their staff. Hope to visit Salzburg and that hotel in future.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank panosrose
Reviewed 8 February 2013

My husband and I stayed at NH Salzburg for 2 nights in January. It was clean, simple and good value for money. The location is great, only a short walk to the old town, and walking distance from the train station/bus station (although I wouldn't recommend walking if you have a lot of luggage)

One negative is that they advertise that they have a fitness centre, so, having booked on the basis of having a useable fitness centre, we were disappointed to find that this was only a (very old) exercise bike and a rowing machine, overlooked by 2 deck chairs in the basement.

The service was acceptable, but nothing to write home about. Check in/front counter service was slow, but all in all it was fit for purpose. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again, but I wouldn't discourage people from staying here either.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple