“First class all the way!”

Hotel&Villa Auersperg
Ranked #4 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We absolutely loved this hotel. The staff was very friendly and professional. We were warmly welcomed by the staff and they seemed genuinely happy to see us. Which was amazing since we looked like a complete mess after our planes, trains and automobiles experience in 90+ degree heat (I think that is something like 35 degrees for my European friends).

Nonetheless, we immediately felt relaxed and happy with our choice. We stayed in the Villa and the accommodations were beautiful. Our room was spacious and efficiently organized. The only issue was there was no soap in the bathroom and believe me I needed a shower. The rooms lack air conditioning and were very hot. More on that later.

The hotel is located in a safe residential area and is a couple blocks away from the main tourist area. It is a very easy walk to dining and entertainment. There is a café and market nearby for any items that a traveler may have forgotten. The train station is also walkable if need be.

After a night of joyful festivities, we walked back to the hotel and enjoyed the quiet calm of the area. The room was still very hot so I needed a cold shower prior to bed. A fan was provided by the hotel which helped a little bit but I still woke up a little grouchy and sweaty. Back in the cold shower I go. A full continental breakfast was included in our rate and it was wonderful. The shady garden setting was perfect. I immediately forgot about the heat and was back to feeling like I was home. Everything was so fresh and delicious. Eggs were made to order and spot on. Again the staff was so welcoming and friendly. A very pleasant experience for sure.

There is a rumor the hotel will get A/C, and if true, there is no other place to stay in Salzburg for a quiet and relaxing vacation. The staff here is first class all the way. Thank you all.

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Villa. Book early (like Jan/February) if traveling in August. Salzburg Music Fe...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 2ndCity
There are newer reviews for Hotel&Villa Auersperg

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Initially concerned because this hotel wasn't in the center of everything, this turned out to be the best part. We loved that the hotel provided a respite from the crowds, but was easily within walking distance to all major sights.
The rooms are immaculate and spacious enough for a family of 4.
The breakfast was outstanding! You can't imagine all the different delicious choices.
The courtyard is a wonderful, peaceful place to decompress in the afternoon.
The staff was friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Tclyras
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The hotel is small enough to be cosy and big enough to provide all you need. Nice Nordic design atmosphere in the topquality rooms and a tempting breakfast buffet with lots of local biofood. Homemad end delicious. Try the "Guglhupf" - promise! The garden is simple like a private garden, but filled with comfy deckchairs and lots of candles in warm summernights, so you can rest outside with a glas of wine after a busy day in Salzburg.
Nice and friendly staff, free bikes for you to use and a great location at the rim of the city-action, so you have silent nights, especially if you aks for a gardenroom. Excellent Value for Money indeed.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden room. The street is not very busy, though, but the garden side is absolutely peacef...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Susser2013
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I was in Salzburg for 3 nights and really enjoyed staying in this hotel. I booked for a single room, but was given a double in the villa. The room included TV, DVD player (DVDs available at reception), guide to Austria. The room was clean, modern and pleasant to spend time in when, which is important for me as I was travelling alone. The staff at reception were very helpful, recommending places to walk (giving me maps) and also places nearby to eat.
One evening, I used the spa and was the only person there. The Spa is open (clear windows from showers and sauna so people in buildings opposite can see in), which I wasn't expecting, so if you are quite private, you may not like that. But honestly, it was beautiful, with free fruit and drinks and magazines. There was also a lovely view of the mountains.
The hotel is a short distance from the town centre, but it was just a pleasant walk. I had trouble finding a cash machine nearby, so make sure you get your money when you are in the town centre.
Absolutely recommened for anyone wanting a bit of luxury and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Villa room was great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank parisexpatexplorer
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Spent two nights here on our honeymoon, en route to the Salzkammergut region. After several trips to Europe, I can easily say this was our best stay. Clean rooms, quiet setting, a short walk to old town, bikes for lend (gratis!), this place is wonderful. After checking out, we wondered why we didn't book more time there. Do yourself a favor, and check the place out!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IowaHawks03
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I booked this hotel assuming the walk into the old town was short. Yes it is only 10 - 15 minutes to the start of the old town but after a full day walking around the twon on a hot day, the return journey seemed a long way. I also found the same walk back at night to the restaurants required one to again don practical walking shoes.
We had requested a room in the villa but were told curtly on arrival that rooms are subject to availability and we had been allocated a hotel room. Querues regarding tourist information in English was met with a blank look and the offer of a Salzberg Card was never mentioned to us. A query re access to a hotel doctor was answered with 'we have never needed one before' gave me the impression the desk clerk did not fully understand our request! At least we were pointed in the direction of the nearest pharmacy.
I have noted in other reviews access to tea and coffee facilities but these were not in our room, however there was a mini bar. There was no air conditioning in the room but a pedestal fan was provided and as we had to keep the windows open at night the road traffic was a bit of an issue.
Overall I was disappointed with the location of the hotel and the lack of helpful staff.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lesley2402
Reviewed 10 July 2013

So impressed with this hotel, and brilliant value for money. Stayed in an exec room In The villa (room 226) which has to be the best designed hotel room and bathroom ever. Big, light and great attention to detail. Even the tv and DVD fitted flush to the wall. Even the lighting was good, and loads of opening windows.
It's in the Baroque part of the city, only a couple of minutes walk from the shoppingandpedestrian area and about 10 mins to the medieval area. It has the most lovely garden and a large outdoors seating area where you can have breakfast. And what breakfasts! We didn't need to eat again until supper. Am Definately going back. The old world charming service still exists here. Lovely staff. Couldnt be more helpful or attentive.

Stayed: July 2013