We stayed in this hotel for 5 days during winter and we loved it.
- staff are always polite and willing to help you with anything. e.g. confirming tour bookings or suggesting great restaurants
- staff are English speaking which was great for us as we do not speak German
- the rooms are clean, tidy and have a funky, modern design. The room was spacious and the beds were comfortable
- 24 hour concierge desk which is helpful if you are out at all hours
- 15 minutes walk to Old Town and just minutes walk to Mirabell Palace which is another major attraction
Things to consider:
- It's in the suburban area of Salzburg so it's not right in the middle of the touristy areas but close enough to the attractions
- Salzburg is really safe in general, but if you are a woman traveling on her own, I'd suggest staying closer to the central areas in town as you may have to walk on your own for awhile with not many people walking around the streets on your way to Old Town.
- 14 Euros for breakfast was quite expensive. We opted out of breakfast and walked 5 minutes near Mirabell Palace to some bakeries which served delicious pastries for less than 2 Euros each.
Cost from airport to the hotel:
12-15 Euros which is pretty decent!
Overall, the hotel was great an convenient for us! They definitely earned their 4 stars for service and comfort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Carlton is just a few steps from the Mirabell Gardens and the Salzburg Congress Centre. Salzburg Main Train Station and the Old Town are 700 metres away. Free Wi-Fi is available. The spacious, individually designed rooms at this boutique hotel feature a flat-screen satellite TV, a safe, and an iPod docking station. Bicycles can be rented by guests of Hotel Villa Carlton between 1st May and 31st October. Theatre, concert and sightseeing tickets can be reserved at the reception. A bar is available in the elegant lounge. Private parking is available in Villa Carlton's courtyard, and a public parking garage is 500 metres away. The Kongresshaus Bus Stop (lines 1 and 2) is just a few steps away. The promenade along the Salzach River is only a few metres away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Splitty, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Villa Carlton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Hotels Salzburg
- Nh Hotel Salzburg