Hotel Wolf-Dietrich
US$170
  • Breakfast included
US$413
  • Room Service
Der Salzburger Hof(Salzburg)(Great Value!)
US$149
Hotel Am Dom(Salzburg)
US$208
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
MEININGER Hotel Salzburg City Center(Salzburg)(Great Value!)
US$90
Official Site
1,085 results
All reviewsthe main hotelmagic fluteold townromantic roomdvd playerno elevatorsteam roomspa areacoffee and cakeacross the riverfamily roomannex buildingair conditioningquiet streetliving areasingle roomsound of music tour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife, her brother, and I stayed three nights at the Wolf-Deitrich in May 2014. From the moment that we entered the hotel, we felt welcome. The desk staff was friendly and made every effort to meet our needs while staying with them. Our room was comfortable and quiet. The breakfasts (included in the room rate) were beyond belief, meats (including smoked salmon), cheeses, breads, jams, pastries, cereals, fruits, and juices, plus a variety of teas and coffee. Who could ask for more? The hotel is located a short walk to the river within the new part of the city, and the Old Town is a just across the river. We came to town by train from Munich, and the hotel was a very comfortable walk from the train station. Of all of the hotels I stayed in while on this trip to Europe, this is the one I would most definitely return to!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tim D
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed for three nights in the residences, they are just across the street from the main hotel. Apparently if you want air conditioning this is where you stay. What makes this hotel is its location.

The breakfast was very good and the staff excellent. I have no problem in recommending this hotel and I would certainly stay there again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hexthorpe
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Great location at the beginning of the pedestrian walking area. Very nice hotel and staff. The included breakfast in the restaurant is first class. Wi-Fi works great in the hotel room and lobby but not very well in the restaurant. The price was fair compared to the expensive hotels across the river in the old town. Worth the walk down the pedestrian area to the old town to keep the cost down. Only a 10 minute walk from the train station. Nice grocery store a few blocks away. Great location. Great hotel. Fair price compared to the old town hotels.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We just spent three nights at the Wolf-Dietrich and although it is expensive and looks sort of "fancy" it is a very nice hotel for families with children. We had a very nice family room (#55) up in a secluded corner of the hotel next to only one other room, another family. There is even a playroom at the foot of the stairs.

Our room had a large main room with double bed and a sitting area with a small table and tv. A second room actually had three twin beds in it and was perfect for our two school age kids. The bathroom was large and had a very nice oversize tub. Breakfast was excellent and service impeccable. Everyone greeted us warmly, provided a pot of hot chocolate for the kids, and we all enjoyed the many delicious breakfast offerings, including meats and cheeses, fruits and vegetables, breads, cereals, yogurts, pancakes (palatschinken) as well as bacon, eggs, potatoes, and sausages. There is also a nice spa area that we swam in on a rainy day.

We have stayed at several hotels in Salzburg and while I do enjoy staying across the river in the altstadt, for this trip it was an advantage to stay across the river where could access our car more easily for outings outside the city with our kids. I find it such a bother to stay in the pedestrian zone so this time, since we planned activities mostly in the outskirts and towns nearby we preferred the location, and it is still a very short walk to the old city.

I could have given five stars but I believe there is even room for improvement and here are my two suggestions. Neither is a deal breaker but both impacted our vacation. First, I could not believe our room did not have a stand up shower. It had a very nice huge tub with a handheld shower head, and of course nothing to block the spray like a glass or curtain. It's just not convenient to wake up in the morning and take a bath. I also felt like we were wasting a lot of water filling the bath multiple times each day instead of just hopping in for a quick shower. And second, I also could not believe they didn't have more substantial curtains to block the sun. It is late May/early June and the sun is rising, no joke, at 5 am. This means my kids were waking up at 5 am thinking it was morning. The drapes they have in the room are lovely but do nothing to block the sun. There is also a skylight that fills the room with light at 5 am.

I still would strongly recommend this hotel, and I only mention these things because I am certain I am not the only person who would have this reaction.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LivingInWien
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Very nice hotel, with good typical European breakfast. Served complementary drinks and snacks in the afternoon. Hotel is in a perfect location to explore Salzburg, easy walking distance to old city and many resturants.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple