Firstly apologies in writing this review late. I stayed in this hotel last year for the October fest, it was in a great location and everything was nearby. Although I would like to point out that the layout of the hotel was a bit odd. Firstly the hotel shared the same entrance with a cinema, which was most unusual. Our room was located at the front above the main entrance which was fine, a relatively quite street with the odd sound of horses hoofs and pedestrians walking by which did not bother us at all. However, the room was adequate and clean but I was very disappointed with the bathroom (see my photos). The bedroom and hall area had laminate flooring and was slight raised higher than the bathroom floor, both my husband and I when leaving the bathroom stubbed our toes which was quite painful and we felt was a health hazard. Secondly in the bathroom we had a ornate sink but the fitting around it was chipped, screw holes left under the sink exposed, plus some of the floor tiles were chipped. This was very disappointing as we paid nearly £100 per night. The other comment I would make was the outdoor area near the breakfast room was very pleasant and looked inviting but sadly was full of smokers! (I accept some people smoke but it would have been nice to have 2 areas one for smokers and one for non-smokers.
Best bits - we loved Ocktobefest 75% of Austrians wear their national dress (including the men) a real taste of culture, many different schnapps to try, a great flea market in the grounds of the monastery. A very interesting lovely place to visit and we will be visiting again this year. (Needless to say in a different hotel).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose from 45 individual, stylishly appointed rooms and suites and indulge in the luxury of staying right at the centre of the cultural capital of Austria, Salzburg. Experience cordial hospitality and the unique atmosphere and feel at home in the cosy rooms decorated with great care. Although the Salzburg hotel lies at the heart of the World Heritage Site in the city of Mozart it is still accessible by car. It’s the only hotel in the historic center of Salzburg with an own car parking. The extensive breakfast buffet leaves no breakfast wishes unfulfilled. Experience a marvellous breakfast on the hotel’s terrace in summer. Recharge your batteries after an exciting sightseeing tour at an oasis of relaxation. A sauna and a quiet room are waiting for you at the wellness area. Why not treat yourself to a soothing Ayurvedic massage during your stay? The charming Salzburg hotel could very well be the star of a film. Romy Schneider, the actress of the widely known ‘Sissi’ films once stayed at the picturesque Hotel Kasererbraeu. The locals gathered at the hotel’s own cinema in great crowds to watch the premiere of ‘Sissi’. The Mozartkino Cinema is one of the oldest cinemas in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Altstadthotel Kasererbraeu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Altstadthotel Kaisererbraeu Hotel Salzburg
- Altstadthotel Kasererbrau Salzburg
- Altstadthotel Kasererbrau Hotel Salzburg