I and a friend spent 4 lovely days in Salzburg in July and stayed in the Kasererbraeu hotel which is at the edge of the old city and in a great location. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the buffet breakfast really good. The decor is quirky and it has a really old arty cinema on the premises. However, the room I was in (216) was airless and tiny. Being an old building it didn't have any air conditioning, although a plug-in fan was provided.The "bathroom" must have been forged from a broom cupboard, it was so small that standing by the wash hand basin my rear end projected into the main room. Being an old building it probably had the original floorboards. They certainly protested extremely loudly at my every move. The ceilings must be very thick as there were no complaints from the room underneath. There were two single beds in the room and there would have been a murder committed if there had been another person sharing with me! I don't know what other rooms were like. Maybe I was just unfortunate. It was festival time and the town was very busy so we considered ourselves lucky to get a hotel room at all, but it was expensive for an airless broom cupboard. So the hotel is recommended just check out the room first!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose from 45 individual, stylishly appointed rooms and suites and indulge in the luxury of staying right at the centre of the cultural capital of Austria, Salzburg. Experience cordial hospitality and the unique atmosphere and feel at home in the cosy rooms decorated with great care. Although the Salzburg hotel lies at the heart of the World Heritage Site in the city of Mozart it is still accessible by car. It’s the only hotel in the historic center of Salzburg with an own car parking. The extensive breakfast buffet leaves no breakfast wishes unfulfilled. Experience a marvellous breakfast on the hotel’s terrace in summer. Recharge your batteries after an exciting sightseeing tour at an oasis of relaxation. A sauna and a quiet room are waiting for you at the wellness area. Why not treat yourself to a soothing Ayurvedic massage during your stay? The charming Salzburg hotel could very well be the star of a film. Romy Schneider, the actress of the widely known ‘Sissi’ films once stayed at the picturesque Hotel Kasererbraeu. The locals gathered at the hotel’s own cinema in great crowds to watch the premiere of ‘Sissi’. The Mozartkino Cinema is one of the oldest cinemas in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Altstadthotel Kasererbraeu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Altstadthotel Kaisererbraeu Hotel Salzburg
- Altstadthotel Kasererbrau Salzburg
- Altstadthotel Kasererbrau Hotel Salzburg