“warning!”
Review of Hotel Stadler

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Salzburg
Hotel Stadler
Ranked #121 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
England
“warning!”
Reviewed 13 October 2006

As a regular traveller, I must convey my unfortunate experience at Hotel Stadler. I would consider that I am a polite and respectful person, especially when in a foreign country. We stayed at this hotel during the Salzburg music festival (though we did not attend) which was booked through the local tourist office. Upon our arrival we were greeted by the owner and his wife. There had been a breakdown in communication between the tourist office and the hotel regarding the booking but this was resolved by us accepting a more expensive room, (we were bound to the booking having left a deposit with the tourist office).
The lady was a little rude and unwelcoming upon discovering that we were two motorcyclists, though as 40 year-olds, far from the hooligan type! We remained polite and courteous despite this.

The owner invited us to park our bikes in his back yard but made no mention of any charge.
We stayed for 2 nights as per our booking, and during the stay we were very quiet and considerate. I went down for a rather inadequate breakfast on the final morning and noted that what fruit there was, was old and definately NOT worthy of 4 stars. I was asked if we were staying for another night. I was thinking, absolutely not, because it was overpriced and the accommodation was no more than three star. I said politely that we had to move on. The owner then informed me (ordered me) that we had to vacate the room by 10.30. I returned to the room and told my friend we had 20minutes to check out. At exactly 1030, we received an abrupt call from the lady, and a few minutes later, she burst in with the cleaner (while we were in underwear!) telling us we had to leave. I could not believe how rude she was to us. We were speachless because we had done absoutely nothing to deserve this treatment.

To compound all of this, the owner then charged us 20 euros for each bike! We established that the charge was 20 euros for one car and use of one of their garages. Our bikes were left outside, and yet we had to pay 40 euros!! Unbelievable.

To this day, we remain bewildered by the way we were treated. We have had a warm welcome at every hotel we stayed at thorought this 2 week holiday, so that would suggest the problem lies with the management of Hotel Stadler.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the rudeness, value for money - rip off.
  • Tips/Secrets — avoid this hotel
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank Veelham

Travellers are raving about these Salzburg hotels

1 review from our community