“Average hotel without AC”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Parkhotel Brunauer

Parkhotel Brunauer
Ranked #49 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
New York City, New York
“Average hotel without AC”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel during July 2012.

Location: Few blocks from the Central Railway Station and about 15 minutes from Mirabellplatz. Other tourist locations are further away. Free parking available. Since its in a residential neighborhood taxis/stores/restaurant/buses are by the railway station.

Room: We had a double room which was clean and spacious. Please be aware that there is NO air conditioning in any of the rooms. We would not have booked this hotel if we had known this. The 2 days we were in the Salzburg the temperature was 35C so it was quite uncomfortable without AC. Wifi worked well in the room.

Service: Staff was helpful with directions and recommendations for restaurants. We arrived at midnight and the room was available to us immediately.

Food: There is a restaurant in the hotel and excellent breakfast was included in the hotel price.

The main inconvenience for us was not having AC in the rooms. The fact that it was not centrally located was fine with us since we don't mind walking. Free parking and breakfast included is a big plus.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Beate P, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Parkhotel Brunauer, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Dear travelNYC!

Thank you that you've taken the time and gave us your assessment about your stay at our hotel!

Please, let us explain why we don't have an air condition in our hotel: the reason is, that we have the Austrian eco-label! So we are committed to take note of a low energy consumption. For the next summer / future, we are working on a solution!

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +43662454265-0.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkhotel Brunauer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

We stayed for a couple of nights but wish we could have stayed more. The room was comfortable, and equipped with a safe and a mini-bar. As Salzburg can be visited on foot, the hotel is located only 10 blocks from Mirabelle Palace. It also has parking space for free, good for leaving the car behind. We also enjoyed twice the hotel's restaurant, with a buffet alternative: food was very good an the closest to a homemade meal we had during our holidays.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Beate P, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Parkhotel Brunauer, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
Dear jpresotto!

Thank you, that you have taken the time and gave us your assessment about our hotel!

We forwarded your compliments about our food to our service and kitchen manager!
Thank you very much for your exceptionally good feedback!

We hope you will come back and see us again.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me or my colleagues at +43662454265-0 or office@parkhotelbrunauer.at .

Denia spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

On arrival staff very helpful and friendly and continued to be so for the duration of our visit. The hotel is well run and nothing is to much trouble, although when you book it does not say tea & coffee is available in your room, but if you ask it will be provided free of charge. Room was clean and well decorated. Choice of breakfast is good, but a limited menu is served in the evening,but is good value for money. It's just out of the the main area but a short walk to the bus and train station (2.30 euros to the centre) the advantage we found was you are away from the hustle and bustle. Car parking is free

Room Tip: We booked a junior suite, which had a double balcony and ample room.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Len R!

Thank you that you've taken the time and gave us your assessment here at TripAdvisor!

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. On this way we want to say thank you for your good evaluation: THANK YOU!

If I can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues at office@parkhotelbrunauer.at .

We hope you will come back and see us again!

Sussex England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

We spent 2 nights in Salzburg and chose this hotel for its easy access to the railway station (5 minutes) and the old town 15 /20 minutes by foot. On arriving we realised that it would have been a much easier hotel to access by car than the (often pricey) places located right in the historic centre (and it has plenty of secure parking too). The service is attentive and the room was, for a hotel of this class exceptionally well equipped, the view over gardens was pleasant and it was quiet even with windows to the balcony open. Our room had a separate sitting area with comfortable armchairs giving the feel, if not the form, of a mini suite. We didn't eat in the restaurant but the breakfast buffet was varied including an excellent variety of high quality breads, cereals fruit etc.The price as modest for qulaity on offer.

Room Tip: At the rear rooms facing the gardens are particularly quiet and have pleasnt views.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MikeESussexEngland
Dear MikeESussexEngland!

Thank you so much, that you've taken the time and gave us your assessment about our hotel here at tripadvisor!

Your title about your stay: "A gem" - wow, this is one of the finest compliments which I've ever read in our surveys! Thank you!

We hope you'll come cack and see us again!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

The hotel is located a bit outside of the city centre, but the location is quiet and close to the bus stop. The service and restaurant is good, the room is clean and spacious. I think this hotel is suitable if you are traveling with your car, as the parking is free.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear JlsNico!

Thank you that you've taken the time and gave us your assessment about your stay at our BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkhotel Brunauer.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback! By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues at offiec@parkhotelbrunauer.at .

Thank you again for your assessment!

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

Stayed in this hotel for two nights in January when the weather outside was pretty cold, about
- 6C. Decor was a little jaded, not sure if I liked the orange wood-chip wallpaper but the bed was very comfortable and my lights were out even before I was horizontal. Strange thing though and I saw this in another Austrian hotel, the double bed had two single duvets, curious sensation when you wake to find your other half has stolen your duvet and has both wrapped around her. The lack of air conditioning was not a problem but I thought the room was just a little on the chilly side ( possibly because my duvet was swiped)
The hotel is in a cracking location very close to the railway station and bus terminus, so there was no problem getting about on the public transport. Over all, I'd highly recommend this hotel for comfort and convenience, oh yes, the breakfast was pretty decent too.

Room Tip: Room 312 had a pretty good view of the sunrise picking out the Alps through the fog on Saturday morn...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank OllieODublin
Dear OllieODublin!

Thank you that you've taken the time and gave us your asessment about our hotel.

Your business is very important for us and your assessment shows us, that we are doing it the right way! Thank you!

If I can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues at +43 662 454265-0 or office@parkhotelbrunauer.at .

We hope you will come back and see us again at our BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkhotel Brunauer!

Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

This is close to the train station but in a very quiet area. It is on the far end of town so you are not close to the sights. I drove here from Munich and they have free parking and was easy to find. I was advised not to drive downtown and the trains to downtown are not very frequent. The hotel check in was quick and very freindly and very helpful. The room was spacious and clean. It has a safe and when you enter the room you have a large closet area or dressing room and then you go into the bedroom and you can close the door to the dressing room and the bedroom. The beds are sooo comfortable as well as the pillows. The bathroom was spotless and the water pressure for the shower is great. The breakfast was delicious with sausage eggs fruit pasteries, coffe, juice and much much more. The eating room is huge and well decorated. they have a spa with a sauna, hot tub, massage rooms and is very nice. The bar is also nice as well as the restaurant. I ate in the restaurant 2 nights. First night was schnitzel and it was just o.k. because it was dry with no sauce. second night i had pumpkin soup (yummy) and chicken. They have a great gym. The grounds are nice to walk around. My room had a balcony which was nice. all of the hotel staff were very nice and helpful. The hotel is very nice and worth the price. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank World-wander-woman
Beate W, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Parkhotel Brunauer, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Dear World-wander-woman!

Thank you very much for your exceptionally good feedback!
We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Beate Woger