Hotel Jedermann
Ganslhof(Salzburg)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold towngreat hotel in a good locationlovely breakfast roombooked hotelthe nearest bus stopquiet side streetrecommend this hotelminute walkcity centrecoffee machinewater pressureshort staystayed here for three nightsbudget hotelfriendly hotelthe ground floorone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I have just returned home after a two week trip to Europe -- a week in Switzerland and a week at the Hotel Jedermann in Salzburg, Austria. The one bright spot at this hotel is the lovely breakfast provided each morning in a delightfully sunny room. On our arrival the owner/manager asked us to pay immediately for the entire week. We thought this odd given that he had our credit card number and we ordinarily would have said no, but we were really tired and anxious to get to our rooms. We had two rooms, one for our grandson and one for us. The pillows in the room were way past their use date and flat as a pancake. Sagging mattresses are not good for sensitive backs and our mattresses really sagged. The shower had a plethora of mold in the grout and it didn't drain well, meaning you were standing in a pool of water almost immediately after the start of your shower. The hotel is located two blocks away from a number of restaurants. Our grandson loved the pizza place. The walk to the old town takes about 20 to 30 minutes depending on how fast you walk. We didn't mind this at all. It was good exercise. Overall, I would say it was an average hotel with average service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank slasbury
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Be carefull with reservation by a booking portals.
I made reservation for a few days. Asked for one day shorter stay. They told me I can stay less days but want me to pay for the whole reservation. Even hotel managemant just answered no possibility to discuss I must pay what I reserve not what I really stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrzej K
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Had stayed in this place for a couple of nights along with a friend in the first week of june.Its the best hotel which ive stayed in the bavarian region.

Breakfast was good and wifi internet at the lobby also had a great speed.

Room Tip: Take a room towards the street view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2014

While there was nothing wrong with this hotel, I can't give it five stars because there was nothing exemplary. In addition, the hotel was a bit of a walk (20 minutes) from the old town.

Things we liked:

- large room
- fan supplied (it was a warm day)
- free parking
- good shower
- wifi worked good enough to use FaceTime

Things we disliked:

- distance from old town
- not much nearby in terms of food or stores
- breakfast was just ok. Rolls weren't great and the fruit was from a can (too sugary for me)
- only provided one really thin pillow

Would we return? Probably not. Next time I would rather stay in the old town and deal with parking issues.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Naomi E
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel is a great value for staying on the periphery of historic old town Salzburg. It's about a 10 minute walk to the historic town core. Our room for two was well-sized and very modern. There is a comfortable lounge and outdoor tables at which to read or relax. Service and breakfast were excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple