“Original Sri Lankan Food in Salzburg”

COCO- Genuss nach Sri Lanka Art
Ranked #214 of 695 Restaurants in Salzburg
Cuisines: Sri Lankan
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The Coco restaurant is run by a Sri Lanka/Austrian couple and offers an interesting combination of both cultures. Excellent Sri Lankan Food is available together with home made Austrian deserts. Prices are very reasonable, quality is high, the owners are always around and make sure that the service is perfect: very friendly and authentic, Sri Lankan & Austrian

1  Thank lwoerndl

Reviewed 18 December 2012

We were in the last leg of our travels through Austria and intrigued to see this restaurant advertised at the entrance of this shopping mall. close to the main rail station. Was it the aroma of the coconut that drew us to this small area in the basement of Kiesel, we cannot tell.. The place in banana leaf green looked attractive and the girl at the counter was very friendly.
They had quite a few items for vegetarians and the food was good.
The place closes at 7.00, that is a big disadvantage.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

After a hard day of sightseeing and walking we saw a nicely written advetising board infront of a shopping mall and finally we found it in the basement!! It ís really a charming and lovely designed small joint. The "Coco chicken curry" with Basmathi Rice was soo tasty and the Mango Lassy was the best I´ve ever tried. My friend enjoyed stirrfried veggie noodles and it was pirceless!! Apart from that the staff were very friendly and very helpful even to provide the direction to the hotel we stayed. Prices were also very reasonable. If you find this place, sure there is something to experience and enjoy!! It is just the visinity of Salzburg main train station.

4  Thank Sean H
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I visited Coco at several occasions and the food was always tasty and fresh.I think they make is in small quantities because it taste fresh made.The chouce is good and I love ginger lemonade. It is very good.I got some additional food that was not on the meny and I loved it.The hosts are great and they place looks really neat and clean.It is in a shopping mall but it is very cozy and nice.Will go there again on Saturday with the friend I hope :-)

Reviewed 20 November 2011

There's only so much pizza/pasta I can take without beginning to pine after Indian food. Coco satisfied all my spice cravings and more at extremely reasonable prices and Akalanka and Lilly are the friendliest hosts I have ever seen, cheerfully offering to concoct some special dishes for us. Sri Lankan cuisine is similar to South Indian cuisine. So we had some delicious gravy on basmati rice with some superbly prepared wet and dry chutneys. If you've never tried South Indian food or Sri Lankan food, it should be a revelation since it's not just about kebabs and paneer. You should also try the salted lassi if you don't have a sweet tooth. We loved the food so much, we went back for lunch the next day and even packed some for dinner that night. Highly recommended. And if Lilly's baking her banana cake, it's your lucky day.

6  Thank HariniIyengar