Hotel Sacher Salzburg
US$166
US$156
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
NH Salzburg City(Salzburg)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$107
US$101
US$329
1,676 results
All reviewssacher tortethe riverpillow menuold townbeautiful hotelturn down servicepedestrian bridgeold world charmfresh fruitclassic hotelrenovated roompiano barpublic areasfive star hotelbeautiful roomjunior suiterooms are small
Reviewed 8 July 2008

Excellent location, professional staff, good restaurant, quite expensive (I was in a suite overlooking the river, so it had to be expected) but worth every penny. Fine luxury hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank lucaerrante
Reviewed 8 June 2008

Just came back from a wonderful stay at the Hotel Sacher. They truly believe in personalized service. Upon arrival, the concierge provides you with a package of materials that would be useful to a tourist - maps, brochures, etc. I bought the very useful Salzburg card at the front desk. Someone accompanies you to your room to show you around - the rooms are small but very nicely outfitted. I had a wonderful view of the river and you really can't beat the location - just across the river (and a 5 minute walk) to the Old Town. Minutes after my arrival, housekeeping arrived at my room with a plate with a flower and four truffles on it. Usual five star amenties - robes, slippers, shoe shine service etc. Room service is of very high quality. Overall, would highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank TO_travelgrrl
Reviewed 27 April 2008

Oh my, what a truly wonderful experience- a perfect ending to a holiday with friends in Poland and Austria.

We stayed two nights in the Hotel Sacher Salzburg but wished it was longer (or that we could move in!). Having stayed in some "interesting" establishments in Poland (Warsaw, Krakow and Zakopane), this hotel was a welcome oasis of luxury and outstanding service and capped off our holiday perfectly.
The staff were incredibly friendly, helpful and polite- from ringing around various ski resorts to see if they were open for skiing, to organising a complimentary bottle of Sacher sparkling wine on arrival for my birthday!!

We had one of the "standard" rooms (as did the other couple we were travelling with) and were delighted by its size, the furniture and fittings, and the suberb bed and pillows. Small touches we appreciated: the chocolates brought up to our room following arrival, the "pillow" menu (you can choose from goose/feather, horsehair, latex), the "chocolate" toiletries in the bathroom, the thick fluffly towels and bathrobes, the "turndown" service at night (the first night we arrived back to a mini sacher torte on our pillows; the 2nd night, a small chocolate each and my "toy fluffy rabbit" set up in bed with the remote control in his arms!!) and the "nothing is too much trouble" attitude of the staff.

On our last morning, we asked if we could see some of the other suites on the "river side" of the hotel. A lovely staff member happily showed us 4 of the other rooms/suites- including one of the newly renovated suites (wooden floor instead of carpet). All were delightful.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Salzburg and wanting a 5 star experience. We will be back.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends
8  Thank LondonMessy
Reviewed 22 March 2008

Hotel Sacher is beautiful with nice amenities in the room. Not too easy for business in the smaller room if you want to use a computer and sit at your desk, but if you are not working, then no problem. The bed was very comfortable. I ate in the cafe a few times, and the food is decent (especially the potato soup - I am still craving it), but the service is slow.
I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Expatgirl07
Reviewed 18 March 2008

I came to explore the city and a friend recommended me the Sacher. It was an excellent choice. Besides all the top end amenities and services it was the spirit that impressed me the most. Knowing that some of the finest opera stars as Domingo or Montserrat Caballé have stayed there was very inspiring for me as true admirer of classic opera music.

Stayed: March 2008