“Fantastic experience... twice...”

Hotel Sacher Salzburg
Ranked #6 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Have stayed at the Sacher Salzburg twice and both stays were excellent... rooms were elegant and spacious with amazing views. Service was superb.... with great food and even little Sacher Torte's on the pillow.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,588)

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great Location, Friendly Staff and Gorgeous room! The service and attention to needs was the best we have experienced! We will recommend to others on vacation for a special occasion. Sacher Torte not to be missed!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have stayed many times at the Sacher Hotel in Salzburg. It is one of the most beautifully located hotels in the world. I have stayed there in 1999, 2002, 2005 & 2009.
From the elegance of the cocktail lounge to meet with friends, to the breakfast room with a delicious selection of European, continental delicacies and the superb accommodation overlooking the Salzach river to the old city and the castle above, this I believe is the best a hotel can be. The staff are friendly and experienced, the public areas are elegant and welcoming and the rooms beautifully furnished. There is a shop downstairs where you can order the famous 'Sacher Torte' to be sent as a gift to friends throughout the world. This is a wonderful idea if you don't want to buy gifts and carry them throughout your trip. I sent these wonderful cakes to many of my friends and the thrill they told me of receiving them was beyond anything I could have brought back with me. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. The quintessential Salzburg experience. PS. There was no swimming pool and I can't change the rating.

Room Tip: Suites or rooms facing the river would be my preference.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We are staying in Salzburg for a couple of days, and picked the Sacher. This was the right choice, it is not cheap, but it is excellent value, from its elegant rooms, fine food and wonderful,service. We have a river view, and get one if you can. The old town is just across the river and right bank sites are immediately available.

The rooms are beautifully decorated, and plushly fitted out.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I had 3 nights at this excellent hotel in Salzburg. Its location is perfect for wondering around the main tourist sights and situated right on the river with great views of the old side of the city. (Short taxi ride from train station, 7mins?) The staff were all very nice, friendly and helpful. I got the feeling they had a good 'want to help' attitude & the answer would be 'yes' to reasonable requests. We had a wonderful room/suite on the top floor, it had great views over the river, lots of windows, was nice and bright, good sized bathroom and excellent comfortable bed and linens. The weather was nice enough on the first evening to eat, Sacher torte and drink coffee on the terrace cafe outside, right in front of the river. (was a good plan as weather pretty cold next few days). It was lovely spot but be warned there can be quite a few smokers in Europe and sitting outside can allow smoke to drift across whilst you are eating. The hotel inside is decorated very well and the restaurants were inviting. I know people will argue 'you get what you pay for' but believe me that is not always the case! Hotel Sacher Salzburg & the wonderful staff there deserve to be in the LHW/5 star category and we had a happy time. I will review Salzburg in a separate review but it is a lovely city in wonderful Austria!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagingDirect0r, Manager at Hotel Sacher Salzburg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Guests!

Thank you very much indeed for your recent stay at Hotel Sacher Salzburg and for your effort to give us such a kind feedback about your visit here on TripAdvisor.

It was a great pleasure for us to welcome you at our hotel and we highly appreciate your positive comments. We are more then delighted to learn that you liked the wonderful suite overlooking the old town of Salzburg, the interior of our hotel as well as that you enjoyed our Original Sacher- Torte and Sacher Café at on of our outside terraces.
We are also very happy to learn that our staff could make your stay as memorable as possible and that you have had a happy time at Hotel Sacher Salzburg. Of course, I will pass your very motivating feedback to the entire Sacher Team who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.

Dear Guests, thank you again for staying at Hotel Sacher Salzburg and for your review. As a Member of the Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to meet guests needs and expectations, therefore your feedback is most important to us.
We really hope that your travel plans bring you back soon to Salzburg and the Hotel Sacher Salzburg to show you once more the excellent quality of our hotel.

Kind regards,

Elfi Kammerhofer
Managing Director

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a quick vacation in Salzburg and surroundings, stayed at this beautiful property, we couldn't ask for more, service above expectations, rooms total luxury and modern, loved the balcony and view. Location is ideal between old and new town, walking distance everywhere, very charming. Highly recommend if you want a base for southern Austria and Germany.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed at Hotel Sacher for a couple of days and the room was lovely and spacious. Upon arrival to our room, we had a personal welcome note and complimentary miniature sacher tortes for my husband and I which was a special touch.There was also a turn down service every evening with chocolates which was lovely. We felt well looked after and cared for here. The breakfast selection was good and the bar had old world charm and made some amazing cocktails.The concierge was very informative about the various sights and events around Salzburg, and the location of this hotel was perfect for us as we could walk to all the main sights.

We also had the opportunity to dine in both restaurants however we found the food to be rather dull. The choice for vegetarians was highly limited. We felt that the restaurant ought to expand its menu selection and cater food to a more varied taste (not just Austrian cuisine).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple