“Wonderful hotel!”

Ranked #6 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
Paradise Valley, AZ
“Wonderful hotel!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for four nights and absolutely loved it. We had a large room overlooking the river with a lovely balcony. Apparently, the hotel just went through a complete remodel and it certainly shows! Not only our room, but the public areas were not only beautiful, but comfortable to spend time in. The staff was friendly and very helpful, the outdoor cafe was a great place to have lunch and watch the passers by on the riverwalk. We also loved the bar, both inside and out on the patio. The location is also perfect for sightseeing - just steps from Mirabell Palace, the Mozart Museum and all the attractions of Old Town. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river - it is not only quieter, but really pretty, especially at night when th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Orlando
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Our family had adjoining rooms at this hotel. We were greeted with their charming, friendly and welcoming staff. It was like seeing old friends again. We were escorted to our rooms and made sure it met our satisfaction. We were very pleased with the accommodations. One room was a category that offered a sitting area which I would recommend as it was very comfortable and spacious.
We had room service each morning instead of dining in the breakfast room. Room service was prompt and perfect! We ate each night at the Sacher Grill. Delicious and beautiful steak filet and lamb chops. We also had their cheeseburgers and crayfish soup. I would recommend all of the above.
All staff we spoke with from housekeeping, waiters, maintenance, restaurant, front desk and bell staff were exceptionally pleasant and helpful.
The location is absolutely perfect too!
Salzburg Sacher was absolutely perfect for our family for the week. I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed July 2014
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had paid for 2 nights here and after 1 we checked out and moved to another hotel, even though they would not refund our 2nd night. In the room the WiFi was useless. The power would charge our phones but not the computer. The shower was a joke (it has a SOS cord). The food expensive and ordinary. There are much better place in town.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tim H
ManagingDirect0r, Manager at Hotel Sacher Salzburg, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Tim H.!

Thank you very much for staying at Hotel Sacher Salzburg and for your time to share your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor.

We regret that we did not meet your satisfaction in all aspects and that you left our hotel one night earlier. Kindly allow us to apology for any inconvenience. Please be assured that guest satisfaction is one of our most important targets for us and we are really sorry that this target was not successful meet during your stay.

Dear Tim H., thank you again for sharing your feedback with us. We really hope that you will give us another chance to better serve you in the future and to show you that service and quality for that Hotel Sacher Salzburg is known for.

Yours sincerely,

Elfi Kammerhofer
Managing Director
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My wife and I recently (June) spent our honeymoon at the Hotel Sacher Salzburg and cannot recommend this wonderful place enough! This is my 3rd time visiting Salzburg, and truly believe this is the best and only place to stay for many reasons. For our honeymoon, we were fortunate enough to have a wonderful newly renovated river side room with a spectacular view of the old town and the hillside fortress (thank you again Hotel Sacher!!!!!!!!!), so I can't speak about the road construction being conducted on the opposite side, which was going on as we were there. This construction certainly had no effect on our morning walks across the street to visit Mirabell Gardens (spectacular), which is only a quick 2 minute walk away. We also still enjoyed immensely our morning breakfast in the Sacher Cafe, and despite the construction being directly outside, we still loved our morning pastries in a beautiful, elegant and classically styled "Austrian" cafe. Also, I've read several reviews concerning staff members, and all I can say is on each of my previous visits (this being my third) to this hotel, including this one, I have always been extremely impressed and happy with the level of service and hospitality we've received. I'm not a jet setting executive or corporate big wig (I'm a police officer), and to know me is to know that for me to stay in this type of hotel (a well earned 5 stars) is a true luxury, and I am not getting special treatment for any other reason than just being an average guest. My wife and I are just as likely to be chowing down at the Augustiner Brewery, as we did on this trip, dining on pork knuckle, ribs, sausages, saurkraut and large unfiltered beers as we are sitting in the gourmet restaurant with a few bottles of wine and gourmet prepared food. During this past visit, my wife and I truly felt special while staying at the Hotel Sacher, and this was a direct result of how the staff treated us, and the level of service and ammenities the hotel provides.

So, a quick rundown on why we love the Sacher so much - the location is perfect. Right on the river and only a short walk in one direction to the old town, a short walk in another direction to Mirabell Gardens, and a short walk in another direction to a newer section of the city with delightful restaurants and shopping. Also, the hotel ammenities. The gourmet restaurant has a simple, well thought out menu focusing on variations of classic Austrian cuisine (the saddle of venison was impeccable) with respectable pricing and very elegant and romantic decor. The bar is beautiful (the recent addition of the winter garden room only adds to the beauty) and serves a wide array of cocktails and drinks that were all well made. One of the things we really enjoyed about the Hotel Sacher is the wonderful placement and variety of outdoor seating on their terraces. Each outdoor seating area faces the river and provides spectacular views of the old town and people watching, and you can choose to do this either at their gourmet restaurant, the less formal restaurant or the Sacher Cafe. The outdoor seating is just as elegant and comfortable with the same views while having a beer and pastry at the cafe as it is sitting at the gourmet restaurant. This gave us a lot of options for elegant & affordable eating, as we tried several restaurants outside of the hotel as well, but always managed to return to the Sacher Cafe in the early evening for a beer or glass of wine and pastry sitting outside gazing at the old town and hillside fortress. Also, as we were fortunate enough to have a river side room with spectacular terrace and view of the old town, I can honestly say, we enjoyed sitting in the hotels many terrace dining areas just as much with similar views. The Hotel Sacher really draws upon its spectacular river front location to provide opportunites for guests to enjoy this view, even if not from your actual room.

If you've picked Salzburg, Austria as your vacation destination, then congratulations to you - you have picked one of Europe's prettiest and easiest city's to visit (small, walkable and visibly stunning). For me, I can't imagine staying anywhere else other than the Hotel Sacher. Spectacular location, wonderful ammenities and impeccable service that will truly enhance your stay in this magical city.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keikanca
Dear Guest!

Thank you so much for staying at Hotel Sacher Salzburg and for your time to give us such a kind and detailed review here on TripAdvisor. Direct guest feedback is very important for us and we highly appreciate your remarks.

It was with great pleasure to welcome you at our hotel and we are very delighted to learn that we could make your honeymoon as memorable and comfortable as possible and that you enjoyed everything in all details. Oh behalf of our employees we thank you very much for your motivating feedback and of course we will pass your comments to the entire Sacher Team who will be certainly encouraged by your remarks.

Dear Guest, thank you again for staying with us and for your time to share your review with us. We are really looking forward to welcome you one day back to Hotel Sacher Salzburg to serve you once more with highest quality and attentiveness.

Kindest regards,

Elfi Kammerhofer
Managing Director
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This by far is one of the most elegant hotels in Europe. Chocolates were waiting for me in the room- they knew!!! I was greeted by name the whole time, my cocktails were always waiting for me once I got to the bar. Chocolate body products in the room. Comfortable bed, with sumptuous sheets. Breakfast Buffet consisted of fresh baked breads and pastries, all types of fresh juices, cheeses and fish. Nothing to complain about at all. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2014

What a wonderful old charm hotel this is, it may look like a very old and traditional 5 star hotel, but it's a very slick and very customer focused hotel, from the time you arrive from the airport, which is a lovely regional airport, and about 15 to 30 mins from the city, to check in and during the whole stay, I could not fault the staff at any time.
We wanted to see everything whilst here, and the concierge was fantastic, he got us tickets for any trips we wanted, and a Mozart concert, which we were told was full...he managed to get us wonderful seats.

We had a suite facing the river, which over looks the old city and the Beutiful old fortress oppersite, what a view, the room was extremely well decorated, and furnished, with a lovely balcony, where we ate breakfast every morning, I've never stayed in such a luxurious hotel room, and the views were unforgettable.

You can spend days just walking over the bridge into the old city, and see different shops, and architecture, it's a very walking friendly city, clean, and felt extremely safe, even late in the evening.
Restaurants and cafes are all of very good qaulitly, and extremely lively at weekends.

We felt we had stayed in the best hotel in the city, great location, and you must try the bars and restaurants within the hotel, most have river views over to the old city.

Room Tip: Always push the budget and go for a river view room. Also go for the higher floor levels to get the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kolkata
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had gorgeous river facing newly renovated rooms. Our room was a bit small but that of my kids was spacious. The view from the balcony is awesome. Location is fantastic. The food in its cafe and restaurant is very good. The concierge was helpful though i do recall one of the receptionists being a bit rude once. I would recommend this Hotel. One thing that I do remember that we would ask for a jug of hot water and a espresso every morning and it would be delivered in 5 minutes flat every time.

Room Tip: Take the renovated and river facing rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family