“Excellent service with quality food”
Review of Grollegg's - CLOSED

Grollegg's
Price range: US$16 - US$33
Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Florian and Helmut Grollegg've always wanted to make self-employed. With Grollegg's Restaurant, formerly Zirkelwirt M axglan, it's the two of them managed the right mix of pleasure and creativity unite. Find time for domestic enjoyment and pop into Grollegg's Restaurant! Enjoy delectable cuisine with fresh ingredients from the region of Salzburg and the matching wines - a treat!
Orlando
“Excellent service with quality food”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

While this place is elegant and usually more for a date, I brought the whole family (4 kids), and we really enjoyed it. The service was outstanding and the food was very good. The menu was a bit limited however it covered the categories, so yummy was my fish was so perfect And My Wife Had Steak Which She loved. They had Snitzel for our kids although our daughter had a vegetarian dish. All was very good.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Kaelan

Bergen, Norway
“Excellent experience!”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My friend and I found this gem of a restaurant on Tripadvisor during our photo trip to Salzburg. We had an amazing experience. The food was delicious and the service was superb!

The waiter was very friendly and attentive. He did a great job by suggesting wine for the menu and let us tries some different wines before we took the decision. He also took the time to inform us about the different wines.

This has been my best restaurant experience in Austria so I will highly recommend it!

Regards

Svein-Magne Tunli from Norway

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Svein-Magne_Tunli
Leiden, The Netherlands
“Great, well-cooked traditional food!”
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

We were actually a bit confused by some reviews here, stating that this place was trying to be "fancy". Also all the photo's of fancy food... In fact, the place is totally different. It is cozy, with a simple traditional menu. And this is great! Everything was cooked so good, the service was fast, the prices were great. We came twice, and we would come more!

Visited February 2014
4 Thank DmitryPerets
Perth, Australia
“Excellent! ”
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

My partner and I had an amazing experience here. The food is fantastic - great contemporary food done well. The service was friendly and attentive, but not invasive. Would highly recommend. You can get there easily on the number 1 bus.

1 Thank Thomas_from_perth
Perth, Australia
“Best restaurant in Salzburg! ”
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

We were staying in the Snooze Hotel nearby and this restaurant is EXCELLENT!

We loved this restaurant so much we dined there two nights in a row. The first night we had a 3 course set menu (traditionale) for €29 each. For starters my partner had the best potato soup he has ever had with some cured meat and I had a delicious goose liver parfait with brioche (very rich!). For mains we had fish on lentils with a smoked pumpkin cream and fresh roe and mushrooms. The flavors worked wonderfully together and everything was perfectly presented on the plate. For dessert I had a cheese platter and my partner had a chocolate mousse between layered biscuits (or meringue? Not sure!) with sorbet. The next night we had the duck breast main course (the best duck we've tasted since being in europe for over a month, France included!) and mussels with chorizo main course (also incredible).

While the food was clearly note worthy the most impressive part of our experience was the service. We had two different waiters for the two nights we visited and both waiters were exceptional. They translated the menu to English well, they made excellent recommendations (the Austrian white wine we tried was delicious!) and they were always attentive in a way that only enhanced our experience.

Great food, great service! Couldn't recommend more :)

1 Thank hannahandthomas