“very convenient for airtravel”

Airporthotel Salzburg
Airporthotel Salzburg
Ranked #113 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
netherlands
“very convenient for airtravel”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

This hotel is located only 5 minutes walking from check-in desks at the airport. The rooms are Ok and breakfast is fine. Only, I have been here a few times now and never saw the restaurant being open for dinner. Nevertheless, I can hardly believe why this hotel does not have more visitors because of the convenient location and very acceptable pricing.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Holmfirth, West Yorkshire
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I stayed at this hotel in October 2010 with work and the rooms were horrendous. I was given the key to the room and the bed was not made, rubbish in the bin and not what you would expect from a hotel!

The rooms were small and reminded me of a hostel bedsit.

DO NOT VISIT!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank C H

Travellers are raving about these Salzburg hotels

Chennai
Reviewed 19 November 2010

I walked into the hotel and was told that my booking was for yesterday - the people just did not know the correct dates. The staff were rude as hell and then in the evening I was told there would be no dinner / just dinner. Apart from the location - there is nothing else that is happening for this hotel. I would go to the other hotels around this vicinity - not this one ever. Poor service ! Grumpy Staff !

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank Kamr74
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I stayed in this hotel, as the plan was to take a very early morning flight from Zurich to Brussels. However, as the meeting was postponed by a week, and I had to be in Frankfurt as well, the day before, I did the trip Brussels - Frankfurt - Zurich - Brussels by car. Therefore, it was good that the hotel had an underground parking garage (which was not free, to be complete), as it was freezing, and I was too tired to be willing to drag myself through the cold.
However, there was quite a disappointment upon my first contact with reception. I know Austrians are a little 'stiff up the collar', but this lady was really ignorant and seemed to be looking down on me. Not the warm welcome I'm used to from my family skiing trips in Austria, I can tell you. There was really no customer oriented behavior.
The hotel itself just radiated an atmosphere of: "come here to sleep, and please don't expect us to be doing more for you" as there was probably a bar, but it was so well hidden I couldn't find it.
The room was a bit bit shallow, as multiple lights weren't functioning, and all TV chanels were heavily distorted. The toiletries were an absolute minimum, as well as the towels. The room was clean though, but there was really nothing homely.
On the other side, it must be said that the breakfast was very much OK. A large choice, and, lucky me, a very friendly older lady. She told me the hotel was a family run business, but that things were hard since her husband died of cancer. During my breakfast, she more or less told me her whole life, but that didn't disturb me as she was also interested in me and asked questions on what I was doing for business, children, etc. A very warm personality, and a huge contrast to the lady at the reception the night before.
If this is a family run hotel, I would give them one good piece of advice: tell all members of staff that it's the customer who's paying their wages, and that a minimum of friendliness is mandatory. Secondly: just give that one small extra toiletry, and nobody will complain about that anymore. And to the friendly lady: no matter if your staff members are your family or not, don't let them destroy the business your husband and you have build.

Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Sven B
Vancouver
Reviewed 30 August 2009

In my past 30 years of travelling, I have never met more rude and unhelpful individuals than the receptionists at this hotel. Our room was not cleaned properly when we arrived tired from the airport. One of the beds were not made, we had only 1 towel and our miny-bar was empty. We went down to let the receptionist know and he tells us "too bad, cleaning person went home". If I did not hear this for myself, I would consider this to be a practical joke. I would honestly rather sleep on the floor in the parking lot over sleeping in this hotel again. Stay away.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
patrickabroard
Reviewed 29 August 2009

I'm afraid I have to concur with most of the other reviews of this hotel. It's saving grace is it could not be nearer the airport but otherwise it did not impress.
My worst gripe was that as an Airport hotel, their computer in the so called business area could not print out our boarding passes for our Ryan Air flight risking a combined cost of 200 euros; we had to print them out at an internet cafe in Salzburg itself. When the manageress saw the problem she seemed largely unconcerned.And when we asked for some scales to weigh our bags they could not provide us with any.
The building itself was fine, my Mother's room was ok but ours was oppressively stuffy.
The cleaning products in the bathroom were basic. The breakfast was the poorest we experienced in Austria. Cleanliness was ok but standard for Austria.

One of the receptionists was very helpful, but the manageress was cold and rather rude to my children which didn't endear her to us.

I'm afraid, unless you really want easy access to the airport I can't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank patrickabroard
London, UK
Reviewed 19 July 2009

They do say the location is the most important asset of a hotel and in this case this hotel is lucky as it is 7.5 minutes walk from the airport. So, very convenient, especially for those early morning flights.

Service was good but not exceptional. You can tell this is a smallish hotel, probably run by a family, so I did not expect the finesse you normally find in very large 4-star hotels. However, I do not think this hotel deserves 4 stars, it is more like a basic 3. My room may have seemed bigger had they not tried to cram two beds in there. Incredibly, there was no aircon or ventilation. How you are meant to get any sleep in hot summer nights I don't know, and I bet it will be very cold if you have the windows open at night during the winter. I could not see any heating either, which I thought was odd. There is a TV, but only a few English channels. Upon opening the minibar fridge I discovered that it was empty. Upon closer inspection it turns out you have to call roomservice for drinks. The bathroom was good, recently refurbished, but I would agree with other reviewers that the products were the cheapest and not even in bottles but small plastic pouches.

Breakfast was I would say average, definitely not 4 star but good enough. There are quite a few cold items and hot items such as omelettes, bacon etc. is cooked to order. You have to wait but at least you know it's fresh. The cold items were the classics such as salami, cheese etc. as well as vegetables such as tomatoes and cucumbers. The breakfast room was very nice and cosy,with traditional Austrian decor overlooking the decked terrace where they had placed some funky garden furniture. No doubt a nice place to sit during those hot summer nights, and sip on your drink.

Despite being so close to the airport it was reasonably quiet. There is a bit of noise from lorries making deliveries throughout the night but the planes stop flying at night and do not start until about 8am in the morning. So, if you are a late sleeper beware as you will probably be woken up by the plane noise.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business