Lowest prices for your stay
£73
Fully refundable before Thu, 25 Apr
Vio.com
£48
Fully refundable before Sun, 28 Apr
Agoda.com
£73
Fully refundable before Thu, 25 Apr
No fees just great deals
All reviews every night train station common room old town dorm room lockers sound screening microwave wifi sink
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 March 2015

Gigantic lockers in dorms and excellent, clean showers. Towels for rent. Good wifi and very handy for train station but a bit further from the old town. Quiet neighbourhood. Asian backpackers love it.

Date of stay: July 2014
Reviewed 27 February 2015

I picked YoHo hostel based on the many great reviews on the web. This place does have its charm (bar) but may not be strongly for some travelers.

You have to pay a five euro deposit for the sheets. The rooms are becoming outdated, and aren’t entirely too clean. I accidentally dropped some clothes behind my bed near the corner/beside the lockers and fished it out completely covered in an inch of dust and lint. No, I'm no exaggerating. Parts of the floor was black due to how worn out it was. I had booked a mixed 6 bed dorm, and the room was a bit small. The locker handle was covered in grease from whoever used it before. I was placed on the first floor by the stairs and you can hear almost everything from the bar. There is a sink in the room but there are tons of showers and bathrooms in the hallway. The shower water could easily reach hot temperatures, but the tap water was always cold. Reception staff are friendly and helpful. A lady during the breakfast buffet was too preoccupied with her cellphone to clean tables or even look at people which was kind of annoying having to clean a table yourself to eat breakfast because they're all dirty and she's too busy checking Facebook. Food would also run out and she wouldn't notice right away thanks to her being on her phone.

Location is good and the breakfast is worth the price. There is a decent kitchen, and fridge to store your food. There is a bar and a sitting area beside each other. Nice to buy your own food and beer and still be in the action. Wifi worked well too. There are also many quiet sitting areas if the bar area is too noisy for you. Laundry is available for a great price too!

I did have a good time here, but it wasn't what I was expecting from the many reviews.

Room tip: Ask for a room that isn't near the stairwell on the first floor, otherwise you hear ALL of the noise from the bar.
Reviewed 19 February 2015 via mobile

Staff was incredibly helpful, the whole place was spotless even though they had renovators on the first floor. The female showers had a bit of a draining issue - but I didn't mind a little bit of a slow drain cos I had flip flops on and it was only my shower water! Great atmosphere. Great location near train station. There are kitchen facilities but no stove or oven, just microwave, fridges, kettles. Their breakfast on offer looked good too but I didn't eat it. The floorboards when walked on meant the top bunks shook but I didn't mind cos my dorm went to bed at the same time as me! I really liked it here!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2015

5 minutes walk from Salzburg train station.
Spent 3 nights at this hostel, very friendly staff, great value for money.
Large area in the bar for socialising and meeting new people.
Would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 5 February 2015

The hostel was really close to the station and a nice walk into town. When we arrived they gave us a brochure containing suggested walking tours and places to eat which was great. I was meeting a friend in Salzburg and they arrived a day before me and the hostel was able to move me into their room with no hassles which was lovely. The hostel had a really chilled out feel to it and had lots of common areas to relax in, in the main area they play "The sound of music" every night at 8pm which lots of people came to watch. Overall the hostel was clean and warm and I would definitely stay again!