Pension Jahn
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsno liftmain stationtrain stationchinese couplebasic facilitiesminute walkyogurtold towncold cutswifi connectionsalzburg hbfheavy luggagean expensive citythe riverbed and breakfastboiled eggsshower room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Pension Jahn is basic but good value in an expensive city. Owners are multi-lingual and helpful. We had an ensuited room which was basic but clean. The breakfast buffet was good value. The Pension is very near the train station, so it's good for transport. The immediate surrounds aren't the nicest - but that's often the case when staying near the major transport depot (having said that there are some good restaurants very close by which the owners were happy to point out). The walk to the river and old city takes about 15 minutes. Pension Jahn is a good value, budget hotel. No frills but clean and a good location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank uqshinto
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Nearby train station and bus station. But surprisingly quiet. Budget place to stay and so don't expect much. Very basic room. Not stylish at all.
The host is polite but not the sort of "friendly" expected.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Aunatalie
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Had been to the hotel after reading the reviews!! Well I have given 4/5 stars only for the fact that it is not as good as I expected but it met all my needs :)..... A 100m walk to the bus n train station....very very friendly staff....lovely people....many restaurants close by...you hv McD too... There are many hotels with big names but this is a compact hotel....

If you are spending just the night to stay at the hotel without looking for any real (spa,sauna,massage etc ;) ) services then this the right hotel. I observed that there was no lift, no refrigerator or a mini bar....but these are not mandatory for everyone....

But as I told you this a true "VALUE FOR MONEY" hotel....

Cheers

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vittalvr
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My wife, adult daughter, and I stayed at this hotel for several days in June 2013. Room and bathroom was clean. Room was large. The people who run the hotel, the Mr. & Mrs. Lai, were really great. We had a problem with getting some of our cloths washed and they worked with us to solve our problem. They did not have to help us, but they did. Breakfast was good, with Mr. Lai serving each of us the hot drinks. Location is very good, 1 block from the train station (walk straight out of the station) on a quiet street. We walked about 20 min down the road the hotel is on, to get to "old town". The hotel is multi-floored, with all the rooms on 2nd and above. The hotel does not have an elevator. Our room was on the 2nd floor. I would absolutely stay with the Lai's again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Steven L
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We stayed here due to price and location. I felt the reviews I read described what I found. The rooms were clean, the en-suite bathroom was wonderful and stocked with towels, shampoo, and soap. That was nice. I recently read breakfast wasn't that good and I found different. The included breakfast was traditional German breakfast. The rolls were tasty, but the dark hearty bread was excellent. Enjoyed the hard boil eggs, muesli, meats, cheese, yogurt, pears, OJ, milk, water and hot chocolate. It was a great start to our day. Staff was helpful. Our room faced the street and it was noisy until 11am, but that didn't bother me. Nice side note. It was hot when we were there and they provided two fans for the room that helped a lot!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family