“Traditional Austrian fare, done well”
Review of Die Weisse

Die Weisse
Ranked #31 of 687 Restaurants in Salzburg
Cuisines: Austrian, Brew Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I was looking for authentic Austrian food, and I really doubt I could have done better than this place. I had roast pork with dumplings and cabbages, which were really cooked to perfection. Very tasty indeed.

And all washed down with a glass of the wheat beer that they brew on the premises, which was excellent.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We had our first meal out in Salzburg here and really liked the building, bars and general presentation of the place, which was redolent of 'beerhall'. The locally brewed beer was a good introduction to unfiltered (white) beer and the darker ale very tasty. The food was simple to the point of being 'meh' and a little pricey for what we had. (In my case, two very pale and bland sausages in a bowl of hot water, with a side plate of just mustard). Go for the beer, ambience and atmosphere...

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I can only judge my experience, I think I am a pretty fair guy but I feel like we were poorly treated.

First tip - Place gets super busy so make a reservation. I don't speak German but could navigate the website for online reservations pretty easy.

We had a reservation for 8pm but we showed up 30 mins early and the place was rammed full. Seemed like it was full of locals which was quite good as well. We thought we would try our luck and ask for a table for two like we were walk ups.. We were met by "No . Full" I let that go thinking maybe english being her second language or she was run off her feet.. But then we said "in that case we have a reservation" she said "your table won't be ready till 8pm" not even looking at me and walked off.. So we went and waited in the hallway seating because fair enough the place is packed.
So we are waiting in the hallway for about 10mins and a group of 5 Americans walk up and have no reservation and ask for a table - They wait literally 1 min and then she finds them a table. Now I'm really annoyed. How can they get seated before us? They have no reservation and the table wasn't even big enough for them. So we sat another 20mins and at 8 we were seated next to the Americans who by then were eating starters and drinking beer. Insult to injury.

Food was good honest Austrian food. Was good to try but not my cup of tea. The lady who was rude did warm up to us a little but all in all not enough and the food didn't make up for the service.

This is the kicker. As we were leaving, another couple walked in asking for a table and she asked them if they would like to wait at the bar and have a beer until a table is free.. Would not come back.

2  Thank Ash P
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, great service, nice beer and wine selection and tasty local food. We ended up going both nights we were in Salzburg. It was recommended to us by a local, try it out!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

An old favourite, this bierkeller lives up to its reputation. There are several excellent beers brewed on the premises and the food is good Austrian fare. On a Saturday evening it might be worth getting a table reservation but we found seats anyway. Our waiter was helpful and spoke good English.