“Sound of Music, worth the time”

Panorama Tours Original Sound of Music Tour
Book In Advance
US$50.27*
The Original Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg
US$83.78*
The Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg With Lunch or Dinner
US$454.78*
and up
Private Custom Day Tour from Vienna: The Original Sound of Music Tour in...
Ranked #2 of 42 Tours in Salzburg
More attraction details
Owner description: A bus tour of several of the sites seen in the classic film The Sound of Music.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Ithaca, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Sound of Music, worth the time”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We signed up for the Sound of Music tour with Panorama Tours in Salzburg. Of course, we love the music and the story, but what really made us sign up was the chance to see the small towns and beautiful lake scenery just outside of Salzburg. Our tour operator, Naomi, was a hoot! She was informative, entertaining, and cracked jokes the whole time. She made us sing along to SOM, which was kind of corny and wonderful at the same time! We loved it! The tour was fun, but the bus ride into the outlying area was the highlight of the trip. The mountains and lakes and little villages are absolutely gorgeous. Next time we visit Salzburg, we'll plan a longer visit to one of these quaint villages, Mondsee or St. Gilgen or another little town. Go on this tour! You'll love it!

Visited November 2013

• Turkish first
Ontario's Near North, Canada
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Everyone's reviews seem wonderful and that is why I booked it. I was so disappointed, we ended up in a little van, the man didn't know how to drive a automatic, it was raining. He took us up to the mountain which would have been beautiful if it wasn't dark already. Plus the van fogged up so badly you couldn't see a thing the passengers had to tell him how to defrost the windows. Terrified during that ride. No bathroom, nothing to drink for four hours. I have never been so disappointed at a tour.

Visited December 2013
Curlysue123, Manager at Panorama Tours Original Sound of Music Tour, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Kathleen,

Thank you very much for your time and effort you took to bring your impression to our attention.
We are very sorry to hear that our tour did not meet your expectations!

Unfortunately we can't change the weather during our tours, as we operate this tour daily, also if the weather is bad. Nevertheless we very much regret the wrong reaction of our driver guide and that he did not know how to clear the windows for your view! If you might could remember the guides name, we will discuss this matter with him.

There would have been several options for a public toilett and to get some drinks or snacks, we are sorry to hear that you could not use them.

However your feedback will certainly assist us as we strive to exceed our costumer's expectations and we apologize once again for any inconvenience this may have caused to you!

We would be please to welcome you on board of any other of our tours!

Kind regards,
Katrin Mayr, Operations Manager
Salzburg Panorama Tours
Spencer, Iowa
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Sound of Music Tour-Salzburg, Austria”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

The tour of the Sound of Music is absolutely wonderful!! On this tour you are able to see the buildings where the movie was filmed, in addition to walking some of the grounds on which the movie took place. One of the most memorable experiences was attending worship services in the church in which the Sound of Music was filmed. Very beautiful church however much smaller than I had expected.
This tour is not to be missed. That being said, this is also the hometown of Wolfgang A. Mozart. One must also honor him also when visiting Salzburg

Visited May 2013
1 Thank John S
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My dream came true”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

I took my husband with me and he doesn't love the sound of music as much as I do and he throughly enjoyed it.
The pick-up from our hotel to the tour bus, the tour guide, communication between management and myself, the breath taking views and the sound of music stage play at night (was in german with surtitles which easily undertood) we can't fault one thing. Was so amazing. I do agree that you do have to either really like or love the sound of music to go on this tour. But if you do love the movie, it's a must do in salzburg

New York, New York, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great tour along with tour guide”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My boyfriend and I were only in Salzburg for the day as were heading to Munich. We stumbled upon the tour bus location, and personally speaking I am not a big tour bus type of gal. However, as we had limited time to see everything we opted for this tour and I am glad we did.

I've watched the Sound of Music numerous times as a kid so I was familiar with the sites; my boyfriend on the other hand did not. However, I would think that most people would enjoy this tour even if they never watched it.

The tour bus drives you past the main sites in town (mozart's house, Mirabelle, etc) but during December the grounds on these sites are closed. I was only able to snap quick photos from the bus as the bus did not stop at these sites.

The bus did stop at other sites outsides of town as noted in the brochure and I cannot express in writing how beautiful these sites were, breathtaking. The bus ride was comfortable and they even offer beer to purchase.
Another highlight of the tour was the tour guide. I forgot his name but he is an american who moved to Vienna. He had the best sense of humor and was cracking jokes the whole time (which were actually funny)
I definitely would recommend this tour to anyone visiting Salzburg.

Visited December 2013