“Wonderful Views of Salzburg and the Unterberg Mountain Beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Steinterrasse

Steinterrasse
Ranked #251 of 630 Restaurants in Salzburg
Cuisines: Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Milan, Italy
“Wonderful Views of Salzburg and the Unterberg Mountain Beyond”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My friend and I learned of this terrace cafe from a guide book so we decided to give it a try. Its not obvious from the street so you look for the Hotel Stein first which is right on the river front close to the main bridge from old town Salzburg. Go through the lobby and up a few steps to the elevator which will take you to the roof top. The first time we went it was a bit misty so we sat inside. We ordered a chicken Cesar salad and a glass of wine. The salad was very good and came with a variety of fresh rolls. Then I had a chocolate tart for desert which was excellent. The view I could see was lovely so we decided to return when the weather was sunny which we did a couple of days later. This time we sat outside at a river side table and enjoyed the amazing views and ambiance. I was so impressed with that chocolate tart I had one again! This time I was able to get a lot of great photos. Others have said it was very expensive but for what I had I must disagree. My meal was not cheap but definitely worth the price I paid which I did not think was too expensive and I enjoyed every morsel. For great photo opportunities and good food you cant pass on this venue. Its also easily accessible from anywhere in central Salzburg.

• Visited May 2014

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Bird Take It - Or Die”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Bird Take It Or Die - this is the motto of that terrace, because for EUR 4.50 / for a bottle of Bitter Lemon, I would at least expect that someone would open up that bottle and some into my glass. I feel like "hey take it yourself", but in the end it is in a five-star-hotel. I would strongly recommend to go for some desert and a coffee, that would be a great price for value (compared to a five star hotel), there were three of us and we spent EUR 17.40, don't forget: the Austrian Government eats / drinks 10-20% of every meal, not to mention that the best service in Austria is self-service. The hotel itself and the atmosphere is astonishing, sitting on the roof-top of Salzburg is something very unique and it is probably the best place for getting away from all those tourists. Saw some people dating, some doing business, some friends gathering around, all different kind of folks from all over the world, this place seems to be a melting point for people with "class".

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank SQUALO85
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Rooftop Terrace - Great Views”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Top floor of our hotel - unbeatable views and great food, expensive, but very good quality. There is an option for a chapagne breakfast which we did not want, prefering instead for a light healthy breakfast. Very helpful attentive staff.

Visited May 2014
Chennai (Madras), India
“The View.”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This terrace cafe/lounge/bar has the best view in town. I visited with friends on a very busy weekend afternoon and yet the service was friendly and fairly prompt. Get a couple of weiss beers, kick back and enjoy the sun and the lovely view of the river below and the wonder that is Salzburg.

• Visited April 2014
Lake Mary, Florida
“Go for the view”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Whatcan I say? Fabulous city and river view. Food and drinks are compliments. Located at the end of the pedestrian mall, shop till you drop and then enjoy some bubbly on the terrace. Dogs welcome.

• Visited April 2014