Great location, but lacks the ambience of a boutique hotel. The check-in/lobby area is extremely small at best...cold and crowded as it is a pass through for other people in the old town. The restaurant is excellent as is the breakfast. The restaurant staff were very good. At the price of a "ROOM ONLY" at this hotel, I would expect a coffee maker in the room as well as international/ English T.V. (I.e. CNN, BBC, SKY). Again, the location is great, but the room isn't special. You don't have the feeling of a boutique hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blaue Gans, whose tradition dates back 660 years, is the oldest inn in the city of salzburg. It boasts a prime location opposite the festival hall and in the heart of the historic centre, which has been declared a world cultural heritage site, and is only a short walk from mozart's birthplace.We have carefully combined the historic walls of this inn, which is steeped in tradition, with a modern design and contemporary art. The result is a place that exudes a natural feel, a venue for people who like to pursue their own way. we are pleased to accompany you along a part of this way.artHOTEL: more than just a Designhotel, synonymous with the personal freedom for an individual lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your arthotel Blaue Gans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arthotel Blaue Gans Salzburg
- Arthotel Blaue Gans Hotel Salzburg