We arrived Salzburg by train. We bought the Salzburg card at TI right outside of the train station then used the card to take bus#1 to Karajanplatz. The hotel is right across the street from the bus stop.
The hotel room decoration is modern and a bit funky, but it's functioning and comfortable. We liked the breakfast choices and the staff was very nice. The best part of the hotel is the location. You can walk to many attractions and Getreidegasse is a beautiful pedestrian street full of quaint little shops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blaue Gans, whose tradition dates back 660 years, is the oldest inn in the city of salzburg. It boasts a prime location opposite the festival hall and in the heart of the historic centre, which has been declared a world cultural heritage site, and is only a short walk from mozart's birthplace.We have carefully combined the historic walls of this inn, which is steeped in tradition, with a modern design and contemporary art. The result is a place that exudes a natural feel, a venue for people who like to pursue their own way. we are pleased to accompany you along a part of this way.artHOTEL: more than just a Designhotel, synonymous with the personal freedom for an individual lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your arthotel Blaue Gans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arthotel Blaue Gans Salzburg
- Arthotel Blaue Gans Hotel Salzburg