Lowest prices for your stay
Orbitz.com
US$276
View deal
US$263
View deal
Hotels.comUS$276
eDreamsUS$263
CheapTicketsUS$276
All reviews art hotel rubber duck stone steps perfect location old town historic building front desk staff over christmas large room breakfast buffet is getreidegasse city festspielhaus birthplace furnishings cheese corridor
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 March 2019

This small hotel offers it all. The proximity to the historic downtown makes it the perfect spot to call home. The guest services are welcoming and very accommodating. Parking was easy and close. Added plus is the wonderful restaurant in the hotel where locals come to eat and enjoy the atmosphere.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank bonmec
ArthotelBlaueGans, Marketing Assistant at arthotel Blaue Gans, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2019

Hello bonmec,
we also enjoyed your stay in our hotel & restaurant! Thank you for your kind Feedback!
We hope to welcome you again soon!
Best regards,
Johanna Bacher

Reviewed 27 February 2019

My last trip to Salzburg I ate in the hotel restaurant and was so impressed I decided to book a room. This time I had two rooms for two nights.
The booking process was a bit complicated as I was booking from New Zealand. This was easily sorted with a phone call. The arrival is a bit of a drama as there is a lot of construction in the area. There is a spot to park and unload, but it can be difficult to see and get to; be sure to study a map before arrival. The hotel offers to take your car to the garage, and luggage to the room. There was a disconnect and my luggage was left in the car. Once I informed the front desk this was cleared up quickly. When my second car arrived it was late, and the person who parked cars was gone for the day. This meant self parking and we found that the garage is a maze of a whole different level. After quite a hike we did manage to get back to the hotel.
Although I had booked dinner for two nights, the restaurant is shut on Sundays. The staff did direct me to another restaurant, but the confusion caused a momentary horror.
I had two rooms. One room was standard and on the main street where the construction was a bother in the morning. The second was a suite facing the courtyard which afforded a great sleep and had one of the largest showers I have seen in Europe. I suspect 10 people could fit in.
Each morning we had coffee in the room and then went down to breakfast which was grand. The staff is a bit sparse, but they are very willing. There is no redundancy so if there is a line you wait. This is fairly typical in boutique hotels. Despite the small quirks I will definitely stay here on my next visit to Salzburg.

Room tip: facing the courtyard for quiet
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank waiake1
Reviewed 18 January 2019 via mobile

We stayed for a week in December 2018. We were upgraded to a suite upon arrival (room 316)....a bedroom, seating area, large bathroom (2 sinks) and separate toilet. Generally a very nice room (We loved the wooden beams and bed), although not perfect.

The plumbing is clearly an issue in this old building with very noisy water pipes inside the walls (hidden), occasional fluctuations in shower temperature, a smell of drains in the bathroom at times and one absolutely boiling hot radiator which we could not turn down or off...we kept the windows open constantly. In the bathroom the bath towels provided were quite thin and tiny as well...but the main thing I disliked about the bathroom and separate toilet was the lino on the floor....it was filthy (looked like black marks from shoes or ingrained dirt or something...not our dirt) and is clearly impossible to get clean. In the bedroom there was only one pair of slippers provided between two and drinking glasses were never taken away/replaced the whole week.

We wanted to order room service breakfast but gave up after the first morning because there were no menus in the room (And it was all very well asking us if we wanted the small or large breakfast but without a menu we didn't know what was in either so resorted to just asking for the items we wanted). How happy I was to see a lovely pot of tea...which was in fact a pot of hot water with no teabag for which staff were very apologetic. On checking out there was no record of us even ordering this breakfast so it was kindly given to us on the house. Reception staff were friendly if a little disorganised.

Twice during our stay people came into our room when we were in it...very strange!! The first time was a mistake by housekeeping, the second claimed to be someone from reception and shouted an apology (We never saw them as we were in the bedroom but heard the door open
in the living area). I would have been pretty scared if I'd been alone.

Finally (and this is not the hotel's fault) there is building work next door which regularly woke us up at 7am or earlier....if the bells didn't wake us first!

You might think I'm crazy but in spite of all of these things I did like this hotel...it's quirky, a bit different, the bathroom was big with a lovely shower, bed was comfy and clean and, above all, the location is second to none. I don't think this hotel is quite the luxury hotel it thinks it is but if I could award it a 3.5 I would.

Oh and the little blue rubber duck to take home is a cute idea...Ours now sits on a shelf in our downstairs loo!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheSGB
Reviewed 11 January 2019

My family and I spent two nights at this boutique hotel conveniently located in Salzburg. We stayed in the "Suite" which was a two bedroom, one bathroom unit with an efficiency kitchen. Be prepared for the lack of bellmen at this hotel - we had to lug our suitcases up and down narrow cobblestone hallways which had steps up and down along the way as well as leading into the hotel room. I was exhausted by the time I finally got my bag into the room. The living room was thankfully spacious as we needed to add a rollaway bed to it in order to accommodate our two college age sons. (The second bedroom was a single bed and if you stretched out your arms - you'd touch both walls - in other words - not hospitable for two "men" to sleep in.). The bathroom while contemporary/modern in style, lacked drainage sufficient to handle the shower flow. On both days, we encountered a fully flooded bathroom floor given the poor shower drain construction. Scheduling shower times to manage the water drainage became necessary. Housekeeping was also less than average...the lights in our room were very complicated and there were no instructions as to how to use them. We had burned out light bulbs when we first entered the room and left over food in the refrigerator - additionally, while it was known we were four in the room, the towels provided did not seem to match our headcount -ever. I'm struggling with this review as on the surface, the hotel was "charming", but practically speaking - it was hard to stay there on many counts.

2  Thank MaryKay519
Reviewed 28 December 2018 via mobile

On first appearances this hotel is exceptional, the room was large, fascinating smaller touches, great location, old and modern all in one, and the staff appeared friendly and courteous.
Unfortunately the room was quite noisy, you could hear every footstep and movement of those in the room above, which included everything that went down the drains which seemed to run through the internal walls. I understand older building can be quirky in this regard, however this seemed worse than the average.
We were also a little disappointed to come back one afternoon to find our door wide open, house keeping had left it open after they cleaned our room.
Breakfast was simple but elegant, the styling of the restaurant was wonderful. You can order eggs to be cooked fresh, although we’re still waiting for the eggs we ordered on the first morning of our stay.
Overall a good hotel in an exceptional location, however it didn’t quite live up to the reviews I had read prior to booking.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple