“Basically an amazing hotel!”

Basic Hotel Innsbruck
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in Innsbruck
“Basically an amazing hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

My friend and I spent 2 nights here and it was amazing. The hotel staff were great and friendly and the room was spacious with a stunning view of the mountains. The hotel is located close to old Town and the bus stops.
Stefans, the bakery next door was so amazing. They had a special all vegan menu on our last night, and we thoroughly enjoyed the food.

Absolutely loved this hotel! Can't wait to stay here again on my next trip :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Spring Hill, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

My family and I stayed at the Basic Hotel for one night. This hotel should not be called "basic"! The room was spacious and very modern, bathroom was very large, compared to other European hotels. We had a balcony, with a gorgeous view of the mountains, which we could have stared at all day! It is in a great location, we were able to walk down to old town, where we did some shopping and had a great dinner and of course enjoyed the views of the mountains! I would highly recommend this hotel, if we are ever back in Innsbruck, we will be staying here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the beautiful mountains!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jaaearl
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We spent two nights here in a room on the third floor which faced the mountains. Although it was very hot outside and there isn't air conditioning, the hotel provided a fan. With the windows open the room was very comfortable. We were expecting one double bed but were delighted to find that our room had two doubles. This was the largest room on our 10 night trip. The hotel is ideally situated ...very close to Old Town but in a quieter area. The hotel staff was very helpful and Stefan's next door was delicious! Parking in the garage behind the hotel was very easy and convenient!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Redding, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at the Basic Hotel for one night, on our way from Switzerland to Germany. We were impressed with how modern our room was. We had a room right on the street, which could be noisy, but as soon as the windows were closed, the noise wasn't that noticeable. The person working at the desk was very nice and accommodating and gave us a great recommendation for a place to have dinner. When we checked out, I asked him why the place was called the Basic Hotel, because it was far from being basic! He said it's because they don't offer breakfast. There is a good bakery next door that has a great quiche, pastries and good coffee. I would highly recommend staying at the Basic Hotel - very comfortable and a great value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank divenut95
Korolev, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

My family and I stayed at the hotel for one night. I made a mistake with my booking and arrived not on January 2 and January 1. Thank staff that without question changed my reservation and settled in the us on January 1. This is my third trip to Prague, this hotel I stayed at the first time and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I highly recommend it
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Дмитрий И
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I've just spent 2 nights at the Basic Hotel in Innsbruck. I was upgraded to a 2 double bed room, whereas I paid for a single bed room (72 Euros per night, without breakfast).
The hotel has very comfortable rooms and modern bathrooms (Italian shower!). The room was very big for myself and I had a great view on the Nordkette (the chain of mountains that overlooks on Innsbruck from the North). The peaks (around 2400m) were still covered with snow.
The city centre is just 2 minutes away on foot. The railway station is about 20 minutes away on foot. Internet was easy to use (no incredible password to insert!!) and worked all the time.
I want to congratulate the young receptionist (Andreas) who worked during daytime. He offered me good explanations and was very patient with my clumsy German. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
I'd recommend it 100%... and I'll go back for sure!

Room Tip: I had a room (number 36) overlooking the River Inn (North Side). Plenty of light anyway and beautifu...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Marco S
Rayleigh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Very good hotel, very clean and plenty of room. Excellent shower with plenty of room. Staff very helpful. Hotel very well situated for visiting local attractions, all within walking distance. No breakfast in hotel but very good bakery next door.

Room Tip: Some road noise so choose a room at the back.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple